Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Which lost gems would to like to hear/see most?

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Default Re: Which lost gems would to like to hear/see most?

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet Sun View Post
    she's the pride of Atlanta
    ain't it understood
    she can do better
    in fact she'll do you good
    she always smiles a lot
    she stays out of reach
    lovin' will sure be fine
    with this Georgia Peach
    Thank you, Scarlet Sun. You've heard the studio versions of Wait & See and Georgia Peach, haven't you?

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

I would love to see a really good video of a concert from The Long Run tour.

And on a personal note, I'd love to have a copy of my very first ever Eagles concert - the May, 2004 Richmond, Virginia show. I think there is a bootleg out there of the show, but I've never come across it.

And, of course, more now than ever, I would love to have DVDs released for The Long Road Out of Eden and History of the Eagles tours.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    Thank you, Scarlet Sun. You've heard the studio versions of Wait & See and Georgia Peach, haven't you?
    I'm sure a number of people have. Also, "Wait and See" is also known as "Oh
    Darling"

Banned

In the last few years the release of radio shows, that previously would have been bootlegs, has really gathered pace.

I've just noticed that there are two featuring Glenn to be release in the near future:

April 8th 2016 -- Glenn Frey - Take It To the Limit: Radio Broadcast 1986
    http://mvdb2b.com/s/GlennFreyTakeItT...cast1986/LM701

May 27th 2016 -- Joe Walsh & Glenn Frey - Peaceful: FM Broadcast 1993
    http://www.imwan.com/phpBB3/viewtopi...f=43&p=2733708

I wish there were more Walsh shows from when he had his career in front of him, rather than when he was boozed up and washed out.

I hope Radio 1FM in Italy, release the Eagles 2001 Lucca Festival show. The internet broadcast was full of glitches. We also had to endure a female, motor mouthed, radio presenter talking constantly between and over the intros to the tracks but it was fabulous performance. Joe was on fire that night. A Pre-FM version of that show has been a holy grail ever since.
    It's so obscure I reckon Irving must have commandeered the master tapes before he left the country.

Joe's internet broadcasts from the early 21st century and even the one last October are far more obscure than I expected them to be.

I wonder if we'll ever get to hear Glenn's soundtrack for the intermission of the Eagles Millennium shows. I liked his Farewell One DVD, Theme.

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

I thought of another one with the release of Glenn's "Wiseguy" arc on DVD or if the show ends up on a streaming site like Netflix or Hulu (I don't think it currently is). That arc has a lot of music rights issues but I think maybe now they might try to release it. It was probably my favorite acting role he did and for fans of the show it's the only part that's not currently on DVD and some of the other actors in that arc were on later seasons, so anyone watching it for the first time would be missing those 7 episodes. Thankfully it was on YouTube to watch but who knows how long that will stay up.

I also agree about a HOTE tour DVD too.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Only three simple requests:

- The first concert ever performed by the original four at Disneyland, even though they served as Linda Ronstadt's backup at the time.

- The second night of the HFO debut in April 1994. We have a clip of PEF, but I would love to see and hear the rest of the show. IIRC, OOTN was among the songs, too.

- Don's "Unplugged" show that he did for MTV in April 1990. CROCS was released on a compilation disc, and there's also a clip of THOTM, but again, I want to see and hear the rest.

--------

ETA: Also, the HOTE concert in Bossier City, LA from July 2015, which we now know was the last show performed by the band with Glenn.
    Last edited by NOLA; 03-19-2016 at 09:06 PM.
    "You thought you would be satisfied, but you never will learn to be still."

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

I would like for all of Glenn's music videos to be released on DVD/bluray.

By bootlegs, I meant ones like Christchurch which Is of good quality.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Out on the Border TequilaSunrise82's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by buffyfan145 View Post
    I thought of another one with the release of Glenn's "Wiseguy" arc on DVD or if the show ends up on a streaming site like Netflix or Hulu (I don't think it currently is). That arc has a lot of music rights issues but I think maybe now they might try to release it. It was probably my favorite acting role he did and for fans of the show it's the only part that's not currently on DVD and some of the other actors in that arc were on later seasons, so anyone watching it for the first time would be missing those 7 episodes. Thankfully it was on YouTube to watch but who knows how long that will stay up.

I also agree about a HOTE tour DVD too.
    Is there currently any way of watching these episodes of Wiseguy? I've never seen them!

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TequilaSunrise82 View Post
    Is there currently any way of watching these episodes of Wiseguy? I've never seen them!
    I finally got to see them last month as someone uploaded the entire series to YouTube. If you search the show and the "Dead Dog" arc (7 episodes of season 2) they should show up. My Dad was a fan when it originally aired and has the rest of the show on DVD (which is how I saw the rest) and he loved those episodes with Glenn and the other musicians, and I was so happy I finally got to see it.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Quote Originally Posted by NOLA View Post
    Only three simple requests:

- The first concert ever performed by the original four at Disneyland, even though they served as Linda Ronstadt's backup at the time.

- The second night of the HFO debut in April 1994. We have a clip of PEF, but I would love to see and hear the rest of the show. IIRC, OOTN was among the songs, too.

- Don's "Unplugged" show that he did for MTV in April 1990. CROCS was released on a compilation disc, and there's also a clip of THOTM, but again, I want to see and hear the rest.

--------

ETA: Also, the HOTE concert in Bossier City, LA from July 2015, which we now know was the last show performed by the band with Glenn.
    Here is OOTN: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jy339x2VgRI