Page 13 of 39 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Thread: "Cass County" Survivor Game

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

Default Re: "Cass County" Survivor Game

I vote for Words Can Break Your Heart, again.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Too Far Gone

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    OK, I've decided. I'm going to vote for "A Younger Man."

It's so freaking depressing. Got a smile on your face? Listen to this song and feel all the joy drain out of you.
    That is hilarious and so true, soda.

As I've already stated, this is probably one of my least favorite songs on the album. Honestly, it does nothing for me either musically, lyrically, and especially vocally. With apologies to those who love it, I find it slow, boring, and, yes, a real downer. I don't like Don's voice in it at all. It's very reminiscent of his vocals in Damn It, Rose and the verses of Everything Is Different Now. When he uses his voice like this, I don't feel sexy at all - it actually kind of creeps me out. If I want sexy Don, songs like The Last Worthless Evening, I Will Not Go Quietly, and You Don't Know Me at All are much more to my liking.

So - if you want to save Words Can Break Your Heart or Too Far Gone, I would urge you to ...

VOTE FOR A YOUNGER MAN!

As a matter of fact, I feel so strongly about this that I don't see myself voting for anything else this round, so it's no need to wait ...

I cast my vote for A Younger Man.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Border Desperado SoaringRockyMountainWay's Avatar

I'm also going to vote for A Younger Man
    People talking about us they got nothing else to do. When it all comes down we will still come through in the long run.

This round I vote for "Too Far Gone" as IMO it's repetitive and has something of a lackluster feel to it.

I vote A Younger Man

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Lacken101 View Post
    FP, I don't know why you bothered to listen to this album as you don't seem to like any of the songs on it! They are not all dull or boring as you seem to think!!

I love A Younger Man and Too Far Gone - Don sounds so good on them and I agree with DD about the Angel line in AYM - brilliant!

Have to think about my next vote for a while longer though. ........
    That isn't true at all, but if I'm voting for the songs I like the least, surely I am allowed to state that I find them 'dull' or whatever. In fact I used that word only about Too Far Gone. A Younger Man which is now starting to receive some votes is one of my favourites. She Sang Hymns Out Of Tune, which I really like, has gone, and I didn't really get any time to defend it.

Look at your own first vote where you stated that you 'hate' Too Much Pride with a passion. I have said nothing like that, and yet you object to me calling a song 'dull'. AG used the words 'boring and bland' and you didn't object to that. About the song I have been voting for, Words, I have said nothing except that I find it clichéd.

I can't deny that I don't think this is a great album. This is only my opinion & I completely understand if others think it is great.

FP, of course you are entitled to your opinion and I'm not singling out your comments - to me, they just seem like nothing good was said about the songs, that's all.
    And I've always said that I hated Too Much Pride - I just hate that type of music, no matter who sings it.
    I don't hate any of the other songs on CC so I'm having a hard time picking one to vote out now.....and reading the other comments on my favourite songs isn't helping either, it just makes me like them even more
    "The more I know, the less I understand...."

Don't crack up, bend your brain, see both sides, throw off your mental chains"

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Lacken101 View Post
    FP, of course you are entitled to your opinion and I'm not singling out your comments - to me, they just seem like nothing good was said about the songs, that's all.
    And I've always said that I hated Too Much Pride - I just hate that type of music, no matter who sings it.
    I don't hate any of the other songs on CC so I'm having a hard time picking one to vote out now.....and reading the other comments on my favourite songs isn't helping either, it just makes me like them even more
    I said I liked the quirkiness of Hymns & I liked Mick Jagger's part in Bramble Rose & his harmonica. I can't be more postitive about Words because it is my second least favourite track from the album (my least favourite is the song wihich went first, When I Stop Dreaming). As I said, I didn't have enough time to defend Hymns & now it's gone, I can't really go back to it. For what it's worth, I agree with what has been said in defence of A Younger Man, which is a song I like.

As for Praying For Rain I said it was monotonous & I stand by that. It should have been a great song but something is missing from it.
    Last edited by Freypower; 04-03-2016 at 05:39 PM.

Border Rebel

I love both "Too Far Gone" and "A Younger Man", and I feel sad that one of them seems to be going in this round. Don's voice doesn't bother me in A Younger Man. I don't have time to write much now, but I struggle with his message. I'get most of it, but I'm not sure exactly what he's saying and who he's saying it to. And I like that. One of the things I love about Don's lyrics is trying to figure out the meaning behind them. They are often not what they seem at first listen. Anyway, I really like the song, and his voice bothers me more on "Where I Am Now" than on this one.

I vote (again) for Words Can Break Your Heart.