Page 29 of 39 FirstFirst ... 19252627282930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: "Cass County" Survivor Game

Border Rebel

Default Re: "Cass County" Survivor Game

Take A Picture Of This

Border Troubadour

I love HCTTA!!!!

Once again I vote for 'Take a picture of this'.
    ...Well it sure makes you wonder the things that some people will say. They can see black and white but they don't seem to notice the grey...

Going with Take a Picture of This...

I'm also going with "Take a Picture of This." The song is good overall but the last verse turns me off a bit. It comes off as snarky when I think it would fit the mood of the song more if he was just sad and resigned. Of course, I realize he wanted to do the ironic turn on the title which was an important structural device, and making the title phrase a sarcastic dig accomplishes that. I just wish the shift from sadness to bitter mockery was less abrupt.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Dang. I had Take a Picture of This in the finals. I will not vote for this song. This was my favorite song off the album.

SAVE Take a Picture Of This.

I'm going to vote with FP and cast my vote for The Cost Of Living to save Take a Picture of This.

Seeing as one my favourite songs for the final HCTTA was voted off in the last round and I won't vote for The Cost Of Living, I'm voting for Take A Picture Of This - I agree with Soda on the snarky (love that word) ending of the song, it does kind of ruin it.

Vote for Take A Picture Of This
    Last edited by L101; 04-18-2016 at 07:53 AM.
    "The more I know, the less I understand...."

Don't crack up, bend your brain, see both sides, throw off your mental chains"

Take a Picture of this is also my favourite song from this album so I'll vote for The Cost of Living (and encourage others to do the same) to SAVE Take a Picture.

BTW I love all 5 of the remaining songs so.. this has become excruciatingly tough

Border Rebel

Well, I really like Take A Picture of This. The last verse doesn't bother me at all. In fact, I don't think the song would have as much impact if it were sad and less brash. However, I absolutley love The Cost of Living. As I mentioned before, i adore Don's and Merle's' voices together. I am sad that I'll never get to see it live with the two of them, unless there's a tape of it around somewhere that has yet to be released. I also love the lyrics, the double meaning of the title, the fact that Don wrote it to sing with Merle, whose music he very much admires. My daughter finds the song really sad, but maybe because I'm a little closer to Don's age, it just seems realistic to me.

So, to try and save The Cost of Living, I'll vote for Take a Picture of This.

OK, this is where the voting starts to get really tough, because j'adore the remaining songs.

So, in a feeble attempt to save either TAPOT or TCOL, I'll vote for That Old Flame.
    "You thought you would be satisfied, but you never will learn to be still."

Train in the Distance