Page 11 of 39 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: "Cass County" Survivor Game

Default Re: "Cass County" Survivor Game

I will vote for Bramble Rose to save "Words...," because I adore that song.
    "You thought you would be satisfied, but you never will learn to be still."

Border Desperado SoaringRockyMountainWay's Avatar

I'm gonna stick with voting for Bramble Rose.
    People talking about us they got nothing else to do. When it all comes down we will still come through in the long run.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Quote Originally Posted by jms18222 View Post
    I am stupid..mis read & through Bramble Rose was eliminated. I again vote for Bramble Rose.

I love Words.
    I'm sorry jms, but if you read the first post in this thread, it says that you are not allowed to change your vote once you have posted. I'm afraid we have to go with your original vote before you edited your post, which is Too Far Gone. Hopefully, this won't affect the final outcome of this round.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    I'm sorry jms, but if you read the first post in this thread, it says that you are not allowed to change your vote once you have posted. I'm afraid we have to go with your original vote before you edited your post, which is Too Far Gone. Hopefully, this won't affect the final outcome of this round.
    Oh that's okay!

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

The first time I listened to this CD I picked out 'Words' as one of my favourite songs, so in an effort to save it I will vote off Bramble Rose
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Stuck on the Border Jonny Come Lately's Avatar
    Watching the hazy sun sinking in the sea in England

Oh dear, not only have we lost Praying For Rain but right now it seems like Bramble Rose will be next to go.

After reading some of the criticisms of Bramble Rose, especially Mick Jagger's vocals and whether they fit with Don and Miranda's voices, I re-listened to it and in my opinion I still think the song works. I definitely think it was the correct decision to have three lead singers on this song because the three verses are from different perspectives - Don is the man, Miranda is the woman and Mick acts as a sort of narrator, not actively involved in the relationship. Therefore it does not bother me that he does not sing with Don and Miranda and I personally do not care as to where or when he recorded it. I would be interested to hear any suggestions for a different voice who could have sung Mick's parts. I also love the gorgeous pedal steel used in the song.

My vote goes to Words Can Break Your Heart. I don't dislike it by any means, but it's not close to being one of my personal favourites, and it wouldn't be in my top three duets from the album.

I propose that if you want to save Bramble Rose, please vote for 'Words Can Break Your Heart'.

SAVE BRAMBLE ROSE! VOTE FOR WORDS CAN BREAK YOUR HEART!

If you cannot bear to vote for Words then vote for Too Far Gone (although I prefer it to Words and think it will probably survive this round unless there is a flurry of votes for it).

I have a couple of thoughts I would like to post about some of the other songs that have been eliminated that I haven't got around to making, but I intend to do a separate post for these.

I vote Bramble Rose. It's my least favourite on the album. Sorry JCL.

I like Words Can Break Your Heart. I especially like the ACL version with Trisha singing the second verse(I still don't know why Don didn't have Trisha singing the second verse on the album).

So to save Words, I'm voting for Bramble Rose. I actually love the song. Don and Miranda sounded good together but when Mick came in with his voice. His part made me hate his verse. I did have doubts about this song when I first heard Mick and Miranda were singing together on this song.

Looking likely that Bramble is going down without my help, so I'll vote once more for least fav song on the album Where I Am Now

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny Come Lately View Post
    After reading some of the criticisms of Bramble Rose, especially Mick Jagger's vocals and whether they fit with Don and Miranda's voices, I re-listened to it and in my opinion I still think the song works. I definitely think it was the correct decision to have three lead singers on this song because the three verses are from different perspectives - Don is the man, Miranda is the woman and Mick acts as a sort of narrator, not actively involved in the relationship. Therefore it does not bother me that he does not sing with Don and Miranda and I personally do not care as to where or when he recorded it. I would be interested to hear any suggestions for a different voice who could have sung Mick's parts. I also love the gorgeous pedal steel used in the song.
    JCL, I like your thinking on this & I see why it doesn't bother you where or when Mick recorded his part. I LIKE his part - how could I not - and love his harmonica. I just don't think it's a very strong song & not even the great Sir Mick can save it.