Page 34 of 39 FirstFirst ... 24303132333435363738 ... LastLast

Thread: "Cass County" Survivor Game

Default Re: "Cass County" Survivor Game

Oh, so hard to choose, like all 3, but they're so different in style. I guess I'm going with No,Thank You, and then see how the voting goes down for the other two!

Border Troubadour

'Train in the Distance' is my favourite song on the album so I vote for

'That Old Flame'
    ...Well it sure makes you wonder the things that some people will say. They can see black and white but they don't seem to notice the grey...

Train In The Distance

Sad to see TCOL go down, too.

That Old Flame, for the third time.
    "You thought you would be satisfied, but you never will learn to be still."

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

No, No, No, save That Old Flame!

It's my favorite song on the album too! I think Don and Martina sound wonderful together and it's much more interesting than the other two!

I love all the remaining, but something has to go.

I vote for No, Thank You again!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Border Troubadour

I'm surprised people are putting 'That old flame' ahead of 'Train in the distance' - its catchy but forgettable -not a Don classic like TITD imo. I love that its autobiographical and when that guitar cuts in I get a lump in my throat everytime.

'You can ride that train to the far end of creation, away from everything and everyone you know. You'd better make friends with your angels and your demons, they will be riding with you whenever you may go but you have to go'! - profound.

SAVE TRAIN IN THE DISTANCE!!!
    Last edited by DivineDon; 04-22-2016 at 01:00 PM.
    ...Well it sure makes you wonder the things that some people will say. They can see black and white but they don't seem to notice the grey...

I'm disappointed that TCOL is gone - apart from one song, all the best ones have been voted out imo....

I love That Old Flame - I think it has a great rockin' song and Don and Martina sound really good together - I watched Don's ACL show again recently and That Old Flame just stood out !!

So I'm joining Soda's alliance:
    SAVE THAT OLD FLAME! VOTE TRAIN IN THE DISTANCE!

I vote for Train In The Distance - I like it but it takes a while to get going and it is a tad boring - I'd never thought I'd say this about a Don song - but I'd love to hear just the instrumental of this song - that guitar is fab!!
    "The more I know, the less I understand...."

Don't crack up, bend your brain, see both sides, throw off your mental chains"

Stuck on the Border Jonny Come Lately's Avatar
    Watching the hazy sun sinking in the sea in England

I'm sorry Soda, but I can't agree with you at all - I LOVE Train In The Distance. In a way I am glad I have not needed to have defended it so far, but to me, it is the best song on the album. As DD has pointed out, it has have the great autobiographical lyrics, things that are very personal to Don (I especially love the verse about putting pennies on the railroad tracks), and the music is beautiful, especially the guitar solo. It's a song that I feel he has been working towards for his entire life, a bit like The Heart of the Matter was. I'd say it was in my top 10 of Don's solo tracks. I do think That Old Flame is a good song, and perhaps a bit more immediately appealing, but I think Train In The Distance is a timeless classic in the making and showcases Don at his very best as a songwriter.

I would hate for Train In The Distance to get shunted into a siding when it's so close to it's destination. In my opinion, it's the pride of the fleet.

I therefore vote for That Old Flame. I can only repeat what AG95 has already suggested:

SAVE TRAIN IN THE DISTANCE! VOTE FOR THAT OLD FLAME!

(and if, you really don't want to vote for That Old Flame, vote for No, Thank You. Anything to save Train!)
    Last edited by Jonny Come Lately; 04-22-2016 at 03:16 PM.

Though I love the song, I am voting for Train in the Distance in hopes of saving That Old Flame (which is my favourite of the remaining three songs).

Again I vote That Old Flame