Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Don-European and USA tour announced

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Default Re: Don-European and USA tour announced

Darn, no Missouri! Is that Illinois one Chicago area?
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

I just saw this and the Cincinnati one is a couple days after my birthday!!! I'm already asking others if they want to go because I'm going to try my hardest to finally see him, especially since I never got to see Glenn or the band. I love the Riverbend venue too.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Think I just scared a life out of my cats. DON HENLEY IS GOING TO MUSIKFEST!!! Than's an hour south of me.

Vienna, VA is close enough for me! I'm only a day trip away from DC - should be a nice ride up the coast. YES!!!!!!

ETA: Holy crap - he'll be in Ireland!!! Praying that Lacken and DD get to see him, as well!!!
    "You thought you would be satisfied, but you never will learn to be still."

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
    Nice! I hope everyone who wants to see Don on this tour gets the chance but it does look like quite a commute for those in certain parts of the country. Perhaps he's planning to fill those gaps with a fall tour - from a marketing standpoint that makes sense as well as from a personal one - he can take a good break in between to be with family & attend to other interests/commitments. I'm curious who his band and back up singers will be.
    I think Don is probably going to keep Will, Scott, Michael, and Steaurt. From what I've seen, he doesn't get new band members a lot. Will and Michael started out in Don's solo band before they hired them to be part of the Eagles backup band. I don't see Steuart going anywhere. Scott has been loyal to the Eagles and Don for 22 years. So I don't think he's going anywhere. Don's bass player, Lance has been in the band since the Inside Job era. I'm more surprise he's still in Don's band since he's only needed when Don is touring. Then we have Chris Holt. I think I remembered in an interview he did in February he was touring with Don.

So I think its safe to say he's keeping Will, Scott, Michael and Steuart. They will now be fully employees of Don now instead of the band. Of course if they decided to stay which I think they will.

I wonder if Don is keeping Erica, Laura and Lily or he will get new backup singers? I guess we will see.

I'm going to wait and see if Don does a fall tour or if he's going to take a break for the rest of the year and start back next year. Its nice to see that Don is touring for 4 months instead of 2 months like last year. I was kinda shocked on that one. My chances of Don is probably good. So I'm going to be patient knowing I will get my chance to see him down the road and even Joe. I just wish he had just one southern date. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by NOLA View Post
    Vienna, VA is close enough for me! I'm only a day trip away from DC - should be a nice ride up the coast. YES!!!!!!

ETA: Holy crap - he'll be in Ireland!!! Praying that Lacken and DD get to see him, as well!!!
    So glad that you get to see him as well NOLA!! And yes, was just on the phone to DD making plans to see him in Cork and Dublin!!
    "The more I know, the less I understand...."

Don't crack up, bend your brain, see both sides, throw off your mental chains"

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
    Darn, no Missouri! Is that Illinois one Chicago area?
    Don't feel bad, Brooke. I was hoping he does a southern date, but I guess I will have to wait the next time he does a tour either in the fall or next year.

Yes. The Highland Park show is almost an hour from Chicago. About 42 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Lacken101 View Post
    So glad that you get to see him as well NOLA!! And yes, was just on the phone to DD making plans to see him in Cork and Dublin!!
    Wonderful!!! Soooo happy for you both!!!
    "You thought you would be satisfied, but you never will learn to be still."

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

I'm glad that the Don fans across the pond will finally have a chance to see him. I know ya'll will enjoy the show(s)! The same goes for everyone else on here who gets to see him.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Border Troubadour

Quote Originally Posted by NOLA View Post
    Wonderful!!! Soooo happy for you both!!!
    Thank you, NOLA Needless to say I'm still hanging onto cloud nine at the moment

FINALLY GETTING TO SEE DON SOLO!!!!
    ...Well it sure makes you wonder the things that some people will say. They can see black and white but they don't seem to notice the grey...