Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Don-European and USA tour announced

Border Desperado

Default Re: Don-European and USA tour announced

PM, The price for the Berkeley show ranges from $49.50 - $139.50. And there are a few platinum seats for $500. I looked at a few other venues and prices are similar.

Quote Originally Posted by FWIW View Post
    PM, The price for the Berkeley show ranges from $49.50 - $139.50. And there are a few platinum seats for $500. I looked at a few other venues and prices are similar.
    Thank you, FWIW.
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

I just made threads for all the individual dates. If you're going to a show, pop over to its thread and allow your pre-concert anticipation to build!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Border Desperado

Thanks, Soda!

Border Rebel

Thank you for doing that, Soda, and for all your hard work making this such an exceptional site for Eagles fans!

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    I am so excited for everyone who will have the opportunity to see Don. I know all of you are going to have the best time ever.

And Nola, I'll probably go to one or both of the Vienna shows. Let me know if you would like to meet up at one of them. It would be great to meet you.
    Dreamer, I would love to meet up with you! That's if these shows are still going on, because it's questionable right now. Keeping my fingers crossed!
    "You thought you would be satisfied, but you never will learn to be still."

Stuck on the Border Jonny Come Lately's Avatar
    Watching the hazy sun sinking in the sea in England

Default Re: Glenn Frey: Gone but not Forgotten

Thank you all for your encouraging words. I had missed the bit Utw posted about the show and I think the description sounds very promising indeed. I'll still give it some thought but on balance, I'm leaning towards going if possible. I'll probably have to push a little harder than usual as I've only just persuaded my parents to get two tickets for the Australian Pink Floyd Show (I'm going with my Dad - my Mum doesn't like Floyd much so isn't bothered about seeing a tribute band) this autumn.

The only real problem is that my parents have got tickets for a Buch Bacharach show on 29th June so I just hope that doesn't prevent me going to see Don. My parents don't let me go to concerts on my own and there's no chance they'd let me go to one beyond Liverpool. I don't have any friends who share my music tastes so I feel I can't drag one or both them along to a show I'm not sure they'd enjoy. If I went it would definitely be the Manchester show, it's geographically pretty close (about 30-40 miles from where I live), whereas Glasgow is quite a long and arduous journey from where I am and although London is just about in reach, I sense that show is built more around Carole King playing Tapestry in full and that doesn't really appeal to me (I'd rather listen to Don play the whole of Cass County and nothing else, though I'm not sure my parents would).

In a way it felt therapeutic to write my thoughts down and it felt better to get them out and I feel happier now. I am sure I would enjoy most if not all of Don's show - I like Cass County a lot with just a couple of exceptions and I'd enjoy hearing his hits and certainly any Eagles songs (if he puts, say, The Last Resort or Waiting In The Weeds on the setlist I'd be kicking myself).

By coincidence, my Dad mentioned tonight that he'd heard that Don was playing in Manchester, although I didn't say anything as he'd just printed off the Aussie Floyd tickets and I thought it was a bad time to mention it. I did actually mention the Walsh/Bad Company tour to him recently, as that show would appeal to him and me, although obviously that's a US only tour for now at least.

Out of interest, how quickly do tickets for Don's solo shows tend to sell out? My sister is a big Taylor Swift fan and has been to see her four times (once on each of her UK tours I think) and each time there seems to be a mad rush to get tickets pretty much they become available. By contrast, when I went to see Neil Young in July 2014 I was able to get tickets about 3-4 weeks before the show after being tipped off. Just wanted to get some idea of how much urgency is required.

Stuck on the Border

I wonder if these posts about the Don Henley tour should be in that thread rather than this one which has a rather specific purpose.

Stuck on the Border Jonny Come Lately's Avatar
    Watching the hazy sun sinking in the sea in England

FP is right - please move the Cass County posts to the Don Henley Tour thread, I think that is definitely the right place for them. I didn't mean to cause any upset and I apologise for posting this here.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny Come Lately View Post
    FP is right - please move the Cass County posts to the Don Henley Tour thread, I think that is definitely the right place for them. I didn't mean to cause any upset and I apologise for posting this here.
    You didn't. Of course you didn't. It's understandable that you'd be torn about this issue. I may as well weigh in & say I think you should go too.