Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Don-European and USA tour announced

Border Rebel

Default Re: Don-European and USA tour announced

Don's website says he will be doing songs from the Eagles this time.

Banned

Default Re: Don-European and USA tour announced Reply to Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny Come Lately View Post
    Out of interest, how quickly do tickets for Don's solo shows tend to sell out? My sister is a big Taylor Swift fan and has been to see her four times (once on each of her UK tours I think) and each time there seems to be a mad rush to get tickets pretty much they become available. By contrast, when I went to see Neil Young in July 2014 I was able to get tickets about 3-4 weeks before the show after being tipped off. Just wanted to get some idea of how much urgency is required.
    I saw Don, the last time he did shows in the UK, in 1989. Before the internet, before big screens, before the Eagles resumption. Don had radio airplay, albums on the charts, was even on Top Of The Pops but the show I attended, at the Birmingham International Arena, wasn't a sell out or even a full house. I did enjoy it, though.

I don't know how Don'll do in 2016, except that the audience will be a few decades older.

! wont be getting Henley tickets until I know what Joe is up to for the second part of the summer. I'm not fussy about tickets and although I like Don. I love Joe.

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Taylor Swift was ridiculous. For her 2014 shows in the UK all tickets were gone at the presale. There were no Irish shows so I had to go on stubhub to get tickets for my daughter and bring her to London.

In late 2014 she advertised only UK dates again. Not want to be caught napping a lot of Irish people (myself included) bought tickets for UK venues (We did Glasgow). Again the tickets sold out on presale. Two seeks later what does she do - announces 2 DUBLIN dates!! The flights to and from Glasgow were full of 'Swifties' who had done the same as we had!!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

As Don wraps up his last tour date in Europe tomorrow, I'm soo glad everybody had fun. I know some had doubts earlier. But to hear everybody's stories of seeing Don for the first time and enjoying themselves, it puts a smile on my face. I hope the Australian fans get to see Don maybe next year.

Now Don is heading back home. He'll take a week and a half off and then start back up in Canada on the 13th.

Thank you everybody that went to see Don. I enjoyed your recaps. I'm waiting my turn to see my very first Don show. I'm looking forward to seeing Joe in 42 days.

Quote Originally Posted by shunlvswx View Post
    Thank you everybody that went to see Don. I enjoyed your recaps.
    Well said, Shun! I have enjoyed everyone's post-show thoughts also!

Same from me. Thank you so much, guys.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten