Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Essay on the dismissals of DonF and Steven Adler

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

Default Re: Essay on the dismissals of DonF and Steven Adler

I admit that I haven't done much research about Don Felder's firing or how the band divided its profits or who gets what, so I can't really comment on that.

I don't think that Glenn and Felder ever got along well, at least not like how Glenn and Don or Glenn and Joe got along. There always seemed to be friction between them. Eventually, that friction took its toll twice. During the 14 year vacation, Glenn mentioned Felder in interviews and even praised him as a guitarist. I don't know if it vice versa because Felder wasn't in the public spotlight hardly. Point being, Glenn never said a bad word, publicly, that I know of, about Felder until the documentary. I think that Glenn liked Don Felder for his abilities as a musician, not so much his personality.

By contrast, Don Felder doesn't horribly badmouth Glenn or Don. He just lets others do it for him by occasionally stirring the pot, like his Facebook post about the Grammy Tribute, which was deleted. At one point in time, Don Felder did want Glenn and Don to be seen as the evil gods who bullied him alot over the course of 12 or so years. That can be evidenced by his book. After Glenn's passing, Felder did seem somewhat sincere in his grief and sorrow. In the Rolling Stone verbal history of Glenn, Felder said that he wished that he and Glenn could've had a beer together and buried the hatchet.

One thing that is different from GnR vs. the Eagles is the split of fractions. Felder is the only Eagle to remain estranged from the group. Bernie was part of the HOTE tour, and Randy might have been had he been healthy enough. The original GnR lineup hasn't worked that out yet, not with Izzy Strandlin.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

May I say one thing. GNR has never advertised the current tour as a a reunion they never broke up it is Slash and Diff rejoining the existing band and the original lineup was Axl/Izzy/Tracii Guns/Ole Bech and Rob Gardner

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by AlreadyGone95 View Post
    I admit that I haven't done much research about Don Felder's firing or how the band divided its profits or who gets what, so I can't really comment on that.

I don't think that Glenn and Felder ever got along well, at least not like how Glenn and Don or Glenn and Joe got along. There always seemed to be friction between them. Eventually, that friction took its toll twice. During the 14 year vacation, Glenn mentioned Felder in interviews and even praised him as a guitarist. I don't know if it vice versa because Felder wasn't in the public spotlight hardly. Point being, Glenn never said a bad word, publicly, that I know of, about Felder until the documentary. I think that Glenn liked Don Felder for his abilities as a musician, not so much his personality.

By contrast, Don Felder doesn't horribly badmouth Glenn or Don. He just lets others do it for him by occasionally stirring the pot, like his Facebook post about the Grammy Tribute, which was deleted. At one point in time, Don Felder did want Glenn and Don to be seen as the evil gods who bullied him alot over the course of 12 or so years. That can be evidenced by his book. After Glenn's passing, Felder did seem somewhat sincere in his grief and sorrow. In the Rolling Stone verbal history of Glenn, Felder said that he wished that he and Glenn could've had a beer together and buried the hatchet.

One thing that is different from GnR vs. the Eagles is the split of fractions. Felder is the only Eagle to remain estranged from the group. Bernie was part of the HOTE tour, and Randy might have been had he been healthy enough. The original GnR lineup hasn't worked that out yet, not with Izzy Strandlin.
    Just in the book & numerous interviews. I thought he was sincere about Glenn's death until his unbelievable petulance over the Grammy tribute.