Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Don Henley in Berkeley, CA - July 23, 2016

Default Don Henley in Berkeley, CA - July 23, 2016

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Border Desperado

Default Re: Don Henley in Berkeley, CA - July 23, 2016

I got my tickets for the concert in Berkeley! I have 9th row seats and I'm really looking forward to seeing Don again.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Congrats, FWIW!

Be sure to come back here and tell us all about it!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Great seats, FWIW! Congrats!
    "a full refund...in dollars and in karma"

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Excellent, FWIW. I'm sure you'll have a blast!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Out on the Border

Hi,
    I just joined today; so glad I found this message board. I love the Eagles and plan on going to a Don Henley concert this summer, either in California or Washington. Tickets in WA are sold out, so I am probably going to have to go through Stubhub. My question to all of you is have you bought from stubhub and used the ticket successfully at a concert? I have bought through stubhub before but don't want to fly out of state and get to the concert and not be able to get in because of invalid tickets. Thoughts? Thanks!

Border Desperado

Welcome!

If you don't want to go the StubHub route, there are still tickets available for Don's show in Berkeley.

To answer your question, I have used StubHub for both concerts and sporting events and have never had a problem. I also have friends who have successfully used StubHub.

Out on the Border

Thanks for your advice, FWIW. The Washington concert works better with my schedule so I'm going to attend that one. I am just crossing my fingers that the Stubhub tickets will be good. I've never had a problem before so hopefully they're valid!

I'm going to see Don next month too with my folks. This is my first concert ever. I think I'm seated in the back area where there are still seats, just in front of the lawn. I don't think we're at the very back, and I think we're either on the right or left side. I know for sure we're not at the center.

I'm just wondering, would it be appropriate to try to yell "Happy Birthday" to Don or does he not like it when people do that? I mean, his b-day is the day before. It would be sort of funny if he gave a small, dry retort saying that it's not his b-day that day, considering that some people jibe at others for saying "Happy Birthday" the day after or a few days after. Of course, he would mean no hostility or malice with a retort like that. A statement like that seems to fit his personality. Please correct me, if I'm wrong though. I'm no Don expert, even though I like his music.

I think it would be cool if everyone sang "Happy Birthday" to him as an alternative too, but I don't know if that throws him off. It would probably be best to do it when he first comes on or when he leaves, but I'm not the best judge for that. I just thought that those times would be appropriate.

TL;DR: It would cool to acknowledge Don's b-day, even though it's the day after. I don't know if it would throw him off or he wouldn't like it. I've heard that he has some stage anxiety as a lead singer, due to being a drummer behind the set and singing and playing.

It would be much appreciated if any of you Borderers can report what you did or witnessed when you went to shows that were either on or around the guys' b-days. I'm in the back area, so even if I tried, I don't think Don would be able to hear me yell.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by RudieCantFail View Post
    I'm going to see Don next month too with my folks. This is my first concert ever. I think I'm seated in the back area where there are still seats, just in front of the lawn. I don't think we're at the very back, and I think we're either on the right or left side. I know for sure we're not at the center.

I'm just wondering, would it be appropriate to try to yell "Happy Birthday" to Don or does he not like it when people do that? I mean, his b-day is the day before. It would be sort of funny if he gave a small, dry retort saying that it's not his b-day that day, considering that some people jibe at others for saying "Happy Birthday" the day after or a few days after. Of course, he would mean no hostility or malice with a retort like that. A statement like that seems to fit his personality. Please correct me, if I'm wrong though. I'm no Don expert, even though I like his music.

I think it would be cool if everyone sang "Happy Birthday" to him as an alternative too, but I don't know if that throws him off. It would probably be best to do it when he first comes on or when he leaves, but I'm not the best judge for that. I just thought that those times would be appropriate.

TL;DR: It would cool to acknowledge Don's b-day, even though it's the day after. I don't know if it would throw him off or he wouldn't like it. I've heard that he has some stage anxiety as a lead singer, due to being a drummer behind the set and singing and playing.

It would be much appreciated if any of you Borderers can report what you did or witnessed when you went to shows that were either on or around the guys' b-days. I'm in the back area, so even if I tried, I don't think Don would be able to hear me yell.
    I saw the Eagles on Joe's birthday in 2004 & no mention was made of it, nor did I attempt to yell 'happy birthday'.