Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 91516171819
Results 181 to 190 of 190

Thread: POCO

  1. #181
    Moderator Brooke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)
    Posts
    20,221

    Default Re: POCO

    I saw Poco last fall and they were great!

    They are doing a few shows this year for their 50th Anniversary and will have special guests. I doubt Timothy will go, but it would be cool if he did.

    Here is a link about their show in Missouri. Don't know if they will be more places.

    https://wildwoodspringssales.com/con...o-oct-26-2018/
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

  2. #182
    Stuck on the Border Dawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Walking in Memphis ...
    Posts
    1,620

    Default Re: POCO

    Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
    I saw Poco last fall and they were great!

    They are doing a few shows this year for their 50th Anniversary and will have special guests. I doubt Timothy will go, but it would be cool if he did.

    Here is a link about their show in Missouri. Don't know if they will be more places.

    https://wildwoodspringssales.com/con...o-oct-26-2018/
    Hi Brooke, I think I heard somewhere they are playing in San Diego next month. With Pure Prairie League.


    "Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016

  3. #183
    Border Desperado FannyBeTender's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Birthplace of America's Music
    Posts
    229

    Default Re: POCO

    I posted this on one of Timothy's threads last night, but figured Poco fans might appreciate the link too.

    If you go to Paste Magazine's website, you can hear live Poco performances that are not all available on cd or youtube:

    https://www.pastemagazine.com/search?t=poco&m=Audio

    A little peace of mind is all I'm looking for....

  4. #184
    Stuck on the Border Topkat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    3,315

    Default Re: POCO

    Quote Originally Posted by FannyBeTender View Post
    For anyone interested in live Poco albums:

    This album was put out on Amazon a few months back. It's from the Head Over Heels era.

    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B075HFSBXM?tag=mfconvert-20



    Live: Wollman Memorial Skating Rink, NY. 22 Aug '75 - Remastered

    track listing:
    1. Keep on Tryin'
    2. Sagebrush Serenade
    3. Blue Water
    4. Fools Gold
    5. Rocky Mountain Breakdown
    6. Bad Weather
    7. Hoedown
    8. Ride The Country
    9. Making Love
    10. Georgia Bind My Ties
    11. Restrain
    12. Railroad Days
    13. Sittin' On A Fence
    14. High and Dry
    15. A Good Feelin' to Know
    16. A Right Along

    This is from the 1975 Schaefer Music Festival. It was recorded and broadcast by The King Biscuit Flower Hour. Really great concert from the "Fab Four" era of the band.


    I was at this show. The Schaefer Music Festival was an amazing place..The shows were unreal. I think I was there every week to see a show! WOW
    Loved that place. I must get this album...Thanks for posting!

  5. #185
    Border Desperado FannyBeTender's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Birthplace of America's Music
    Posts
    229

    Default Re: POCO

    Quote Originally Posted by Topkat View Post
    I was at this show. The Schaefer Music Festival was an amazing place..The shows were unreal. I think I was there every week to see a show! WOW
    Loved that place. I must get this album...Thanks for posting!
    That would have been awesome to go see! Some great acts from what I've read.

    A little peace of mind is all I'm looking for....

  6. #186
    Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Randyland
    Posts
    3,235

    Default Re: POCO

    Ah geez, Poco is playing in my neck o' the woods in February and I thought I had plenty of time to get tickets but I see the show is nearly sold out. Only a few (very expensive) tickets left. Who knew they were so popular?

    OT: Fanny, I was going to compliment you on that fab photo of Timmy in a studio (his home studio?) but I changed the Forums skin - if that's the right terminology - and now I don't see it.

    Technology, why do you thwart me?!

  7. #187
    Border Desperado FannyBeTender's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Birthplace of America's Music
    Posts
    229

    Default Re: POCO

    Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    Ah geez, Poco is playing in my neck o' the woods in February and I thought I had plenty of time to get tickets but I see the show is nearly sold out. Only a few (very expensive) tickets left. Who knew they were so popular?

    OT: Fanny, I was going to compliment you on that fab photo of Timmy in a studio (his home studio?) but I changed the Forums skin - if that's the right terminology - and now I don't see it.

    Technology, why do you thwart me?!
    Thanks . I believe it is his home studio. It comes from his Expando album.
    Last edited by FannyBeTender; 01-30-2018 at 12:19 PM.

    A little peace of mind is all I'm looking for....

  8. #188
    Border Desperado FannyBeTender's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Birthplace of America's Music
    Posts
    229

    Default Re: POCO

    An Evening with Poco and Jim Messina

    Interesting article:

    https://www.theweekender.com/wk_cove...n-wilkes-barre

    A little peace of mind is all I'm looking for....

  9. #189
    Stuck on the Border Dawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Walking in Memphis ...
    Posts
    1,620

    Default Re: POCO

    Quote Originally Posted by FannyBeTender View Post
    An Evening with Poco and Jim Messina

    Interesting article:

    https://www.theweekender.com/wk_cove...n-wilkes-barre
    Great interview, thanks FBT!


    "Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016

  10. #190
    Border Desperado FannyBeTender's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Birthplace of America's Music
    Posts
    229

    Default Re: POCO

    Apologies if this was previously posted, but Poco has a new website: http://www.pocoband.com/


    A little peace of mind is all I'm looking for....

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •