View Poll Results: How old are you? I am very curious to see how diverse the membership is!

Voters
60. You may not vote on this poll
  • < 20

9 15.00%
  • 20-29

10 16.67%
  • 30-39

6 10.00%
  • 40-49

9 15.00%
  • 50-59

20 33.33%
  • 60-69

6 10.00%
  • 70+

0 0%
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Ages of Border Members

Default Re: Ages of Border Members

Quote Originally Posted by luciknight View Post
    LOL that post up there about the "Glenn is not old enough to be my dad" t-shirt

I could never wear that
    Those guys are old enough to be my grandparents

Do I feel guilty for being attracted to men this age?
    Why should I lol
    they don't even know I exist, and never will

That's what you get for liking real music, and not the sh*t they make nowadays.
    It's the same with all the other bands I love, tbh. All from the 70s/80s.

Real music, man... real music.
    Haha, I've had that same thought. The Eagles are older than my parents, not as old as my grandparents but probably old enough to be, so finding them attractive does feel immensely weird sometimes. Like you, luckinight, I wish I had become a true fan before Glenn passed.

I don't like any music more recent than the 90s, and my favorites are from the 60s, 70s, and 80s. (The music on my computer plays like a classic rock station). I barely even know what music today even is, I am so out of touch. I used to be embarrassed too but I've embraced it now.

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

Don't feel bad at all for being young and loving the Eagles and music from past decades. I remember the same happened to me when I was a teenager, and I'm 31 now. Also, one of my younger cousins who is 11 loves the Eagles and most music from the 60s, 70s, 80s, and 90s too giving credit to his parents (who had him later in their lives as they're in their early 50s now) and his older cousins like me for getting him into what he even calls "good music". LOL
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

I'm joining that club of the guys are old enough to be my fathers. I kinda brought that up 2 years ago in this thread. I'm 38 and my father is 3 years younger than the guys. My mother is 61.

I'm not ashamed that I liked older musicians. Some still are hot.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

*winks at Paul McCartney
    "Broken hearts can't call the cops. Yeah, it's the perfect crime."

Quote Originally Posted by shunlvswx View Post
    I'm joining that club of the guys are old enough to be my fathers. I kinda brought that up 2 years ago in this thread. I'm 38 and my father is 3 years younger than the guys. My mother is 61.

I'm not ashamed that I liked older musicians. Some still are hot.
    I completely agree with you!! A 20 year difference is nothing these days, right?

Quote Originally Posted by buffyfan145 View Post
    Don't feel bad at all for being young and loving the Eagles and music from past decades. I remember the same happened to me when I was a teenager, and I'm 31 now. Also, one of my younger cousins who is 11 loves the Eagles and most music from the 60s, 70s, 80s, and 90s too giving credit to his parents (who had him later in their lives as they're in their early 50s now) and his older cousins like me for getting him into what he even calls "good music". LOL
    Thanks for the kind words!
    The chemistry... nuff said

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    Wow, cosec.

I figured from your postings you were much older. Don't care what you friends say about it is my only advice. The time I stopped caring so much about what other people think is the time I was able to find some inner peace. And it wasn't all that long ago, and I'm 29 (30 in September). It took me a long time to feel ok with myself, much later than most probably. I'm "different" from most people my age and I'm perfectly ok with that. Most 20-somethings drive me insane. Even when I was little, I'd go talk to the adults and not hang with the kids in the park. So it's something I've been like all my life. I'm happy to be a classic rock purist and to listen to the music of my parents. It's fine to me. I'm not embarrased.
    What age you thought of me to be lol? I thought someone could see the naivety/immaturity in the way I posted!

About not caring, idk about that. Anyways, I do know quite a lot of today's artists (not that I like them, in fact I hate them). Really helpful. Can mingle with quite a lot of people. Particularly Kpop. Good topic with girls of my age.

And about talking with adults, same here! In parties, I talk with adults and I get fruitful, mature conversations. While my immediate family does not really know about the Eagles, some family friends and other extended family I meet there know a lot! They talk about a lot of 70's, 80's rock! It's so awesome to interact with them! They also are surprised at my age for liking these. In contrast, children? Pathetic! They can't even appreciate this kind of music!

In my opinion, this is why music is becoming worse. The target audience. If I am not mistaken, back in the 70's, 20 year olds were the ones in with the trends. As we got internet, the target age reduced and reduced. 90's trends with teenagers. But today's trends. 7-10 year olds! That's why! Pop generic music appeals to them because of easy access and also, immature minds. They will never be able to appreciate the beauty of music. They like the generic, mass produced pop music, because it appeals to their herd mentality, immature mind. If you see commenters of today's music on YouTube, you are far likely to see children below 13 commenting. So many of them cannot like songs without ridiculous music videos which completely take away from the songs.

While I do feel it is cool to see members below 20, I hope a contingent of below 15's do not come. They will ruin the board with their immature, vulgar comments and drama.
    The chemistry... nuff said

Banned

Cool Re: Ages of Border Members

Ogawd. I'll be 64 next week. Hard to believe I've lived this long, given my devotion to Wretched Excess, the standard for my generation.

I've been in "The Entertainment Industry" since I was 17. I remember velour suits and bell-bottom pants you could hide a Buick under. I remember the "riots" on Sunset Strip when the cops closed down Pandora's Box. I remember standing on a corner in Hollywood and seeing the most beautiful girl on earth riding shotgun in an old surplus Army ambulance.

I remember getting suspended from high school because I refused to cut my hair. I remember the first time I smoked a joint and thought, "this stuff doesn't do anything," right before I realized the chandelier in our house was actually a space ship from Neptune.

I remember sneaking into a club at 15 to see The Flying Burrito Brothers, including some off-the-wall cat named Gram Parsons. Sneaking into the Whiskey to see The Doors, who for some reason didn't play that night. I remember walking down Haight St. in San Francisco in the summer of 1967 (with my mom!) and realizing that there was this Whole Other Thing going on, and that I'd better find out about it.

So here's a birthday wish in reverse: I wish that all of you - especially all of you who are just starting to explore this mystery called Life - will have exquisite memories of your own to call on someday.
    Last edited by peneumbra; 04-08-2018 at 07:30 PM.