View Poll Results: How old are you? I am very curious to see how diverse the membership is!

Voters
60. You may not vote on this poll
  • < 20

9 15.00%
  • 20-29

10 16.67%
  • 30-39

6 10.00%
  • 40-49

9 15.00%
  • 50-59

20 33.33%
  • 60-69

6 10.00%
  • 70+

0 0%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Ages of Border Members

Default Re: Ages of Border Members

I just turned 36 this past February. I was born 5 months before the Eagles broke up.
    Last edited by shunlvswx; 04-08-2016 at 12:58 PM.

Border Desperado

I am a proud member of the half century club, 53 to be exact. I am the youngest of 4 siblings so I was exposed to music of the late 60s and early 70s when I was quite young. My oldest brother played a lot of Beach Boys and Joni Mitchell. My sister liked the Moody Blues. The younger of my brothers and I both share a love of the Eagles.

My father is quite musically inclined as well. He sang in the church choir and performed in some low key musical theater productions. I wish I inherited his singing voice! His critical ear reminds me of Glenn. If a singer hit one note out of tune, he'd hear it and complain. It drove my mother crazy. I remember watching the Miss America pageant (don't shoot me!) and my father would cringe and just about all the contestants who sang.

I don't recall hearing songs from early Eagles album on the radio. Maybe it's because we only had AM radio on in the house or maybe it's because I was a little too young to take notice. The first Eagles song I remember hearing over and over is Take It to the Limit. But I really became a fan when Hotel California was released.

Ah, such good memories!

I'm 57. Old enough to have enjoyed the Eagles in my youth yet still young enough to enjoy them now.

My oldest son downloaded 2 Eagles albums while he was traveling 2 weeks ago while my younger son is going with me to see Don for the 2nd time.

Just made 50 in October and very proud to have survived half a century.
    Grew up on the Eagles, thanks to my older brother.
    "You thought you would be satisfied, but you never will learn to be still."

25 and still alive, yeah seems many people in 20s and 50s according to poll interesting demographic
    Same Dancers in the Same Old Shoes

I'm 45 and my older brothers always had the Eagles records but I was never allowed to touch them!!
    I remember listening to the radio in my room at night and hearing Hotel California and Billy Joel's Goodnight Saigon for the first time and fell in love with them!

Nothing much has changed
    "The more I know, the less I understand...."

Don't crack up, bend your brain, see both sides, throw off your mental chains"

Border Desperado

Where has the time gone....56 years!! I've been an Eagles fan since I first heard Witchy Woman on the radio back in '72

Quote Originally Posted by Lacken101 View Post
    I'm 45 and my older brothers always had the Eagles records but I was never allowed to touch them!!
    I remember listening to the radio in my room at night and hearing Hotel California and Billy Joel's Goodnight Saigon for the first time and fell in love with them!

Nothing much has changed
    My big brother gave me his Eagles album after he broke my Donny Osmond cassette when I was 13. Best favor he ever did for me.

Stuck on the Border Jonny Come Lately's Avatar
    Watching the hazy sun sinking in the sea in England

Quote Originally Posted by WS82Classics View Post
    Will be 22 at the beginning of August--I share a birthday with Jerry Garcia and Def Leppard front-man Joe Elliott.

Was born the year "Hell Freezes Over" and Tom Petty's "Wildflowers" album came out.
    Wow, I had no idea we were so close in age! We were born less than three weeks apart. That's cool. I share my birthday with Deep Purple singer Ian Gillan and Cream drummer Ginger Baker, but it's also the day before Robert Plant's birthday, exactly a month after Bernie and four weeks after Don H.
    Last edited by Jonny Come Lately; 04-08-2016 at 04:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jms18222 View Post
    My big brother gave me his Eagles album after he broke my Donny Osmond cassette when I was 13. Best favor he ever did for me.
    Shame on your brother. lol I love Donny and his brother's music.