View Poll Results: How old are you? I am very curious to see how diverse the membership is!

Voters
60. You may not vote on this poll
  • < 20

9 15.00%
  • 20-29

10 16.67%
  • 30-39

6 10.00%
  • 40-49

9 15.00%
  • 50-59

20 33.33%
  • 60-69

6 10.00%
  • 70+

0 0%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Ages of Border Members

Default Re: Ages of Border Members

Quote Originally Posted by SilverAcidRayne View Post
    ok maybe not. i'm 40. lol

The year that Frampton came alive. lol
    SAR, I 've got FCA on vinyl.

It's all in your smile that brings
    All of the special things about you

Stuck on the Border Tiffanny Twisted's Avatar

I'll be 56 in may

Border Desperado SoaringRockyMountainWay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FWIW View Post
    Soaring, I think you have exquisite taste in music I'd be very interested in hearing what you don't like about today's music.
    Thanks, FWIW! I don't like most of today's music because I feel like no work goes into it. It seems that a group of people write a song for a star and the star just sings it and slaps out a hit. In a lot of the songs, the lyrics aren't meaningful at all and some of the music isn't even real its all computerized. The star's voice can be auto-tuned and then when they play live, they sound horrible. I feel like there's basically no talent there. My rule of thumb is: if you're going to write a song that doesn't have well thought out lyrics, put a really cool guitar part in there so you can jam or if you want to focus on lyrics, don't worry about having the best guitar solo in the world. (Or you can be multi-talented like the Eagles with Hotel California and have awesome lyrics and an awesome guitar part.) With today's music I feel like it's bad and lyrics and bad music at the same time. Generally, I just don't like the sound of it. It's not cool like classic rock is.

Buffyfan, I always request One of These Nights at my school dances and I'm usually the only one dancing to it. Some kids roll their eyes at me but I don't really care. It's a great song that I really love and I have the right to hear a song that I actually like at our dances.
    People talking about us they got nothing else to do. When it all comes down we will still come through in the long run.

Border Desperado SilverAcidRayne's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FWIW View Post
    Tori, I definitely think it's cool that we have such a diverse group of fans, especially the large contingent of 20-somethings. Unfortunately, my kids aren't big enough fans to join the Border. I must not have played enough Eagles music when they were growing up!

SAR, My sister had Frampton Comes Alive on 8 track! She played that one quite a bit.
    oh really? how cool is that lol I do remember 8 tracks. my mother had a lot of them. but mostly Barry White and all those cats. she was always confused as to where I got the rock from because she would say "you did not get that from me." lol

later on I was told she loved Jim Croce and all those singers. so I sorta did. cause that's all I listen to now.

Out on the Border TequilaSunrise82's Avatar

This poll is very enlightening! But where are all my 30-somethings?! Lol I am 33, born in 82 as my name shows and I spent my childhood hearing Don Henley and Glenn Frey on the radio day in and day out not knowing who the heck they were but their songs became a part of my life - you know how that goes when a song comes on that you've heard a million times and you just instinctively sing along and know all the words? It wasn't until much later that I put two and two together, realized the Eagles connection and became quite literally obsessed. I have two boys, 3 and 5 and they already know "mommy's favorite band" and when an Eagles song comes on the radio they yell "eagles eagles!!"

Quote Originally Posted by TequilaSunrise82 View Post
    This poll is very enlightening! But where are all my 30-somethings?! Lol I am 33, born in 82 as my name shows and I spent my childhood hearing Don Henley and Glenn Frey on the radio day in and day out not knowing who the heck they were but their songs became a part of my life - you know how that goes when a song comes on that you've heard a million times and you just instinctively sing along and know all the words? It wasn't until much later that I put two and two together, realized the Eagles connection and became quite literally obsessed. I have two boys, 3 and 5 and they already know "mommy's favorite band" and when an Eagles song comes on the radio they yell "eagles eagles!!"
    Me!!! I'm 36.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

TS1982 - Looks like you have some very good parenting skills.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Border Desperado

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    I was thinking the same thing. When my kids were that age, I think they only recognized Barney songs. "I love you. You love me. We're a happy family." Lol. For the uninitiated, Barney and Friends was a popular kids show in the 90s starring a big purple dinosaur.

TS82, Please share your secrets! I may have to take a different approach if I have grandchildren one day.

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

48 and will be 49 next year.

I once threatened to get a t-shirt made with the slogan

'NO! Glenn Frey is NOT old enough to be my dad'

Grew up listening to Eagles songs on the radio in the 70s and followed Don Henley and Glenn Freys 80s solo careers, then continued to follow the band and particularly Glenn since they reunited in 1994.

I'm devastated that the band is over, I also feel that the guys were robbed of a final send off the way it happened. They deserved to go out in a blaze of glory when and how they chose. Not this.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Out on the Border TequilaSunrise82's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    Thanks Dreamer Music has always been such a huge part of my life (even though I am not musically inclined in the least) I am always listening to/singing songs around my kids and although my 5 yo probably isn't as interested, my little guy seems to enjoy it so I go right along with it.

My husband is also very musical but we don't always agree on the same genres. One thing we do have in common is that we aren't fans of modern day music so our kids get bombarded with lots of 70s and 80s stuff.

It's my secret dream for one of them to become a musician so I'm keeping my fingers crossed something rubs off on them!