View Poll Results: How old are you? I am very curious to see how diverse the membership is!

Voters
60. You may not vote on this poll
  • < 20

9 15.00%
  • 20-29

10 16.67%
  • 30-39

6 10.00%
  • 40-49

9 15.00%
  • 50-59

20 33.33%
  • 60-69

6 10.00%
  • 70+

0 0%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Ages of Border Members

Out on the Border TequilaSunrise82's Avatar

Default Re: Ages of Border Members

Quote Originally Posted by Glennsallnighter View Post
    48 and will be 49 next year.

I once threatened to get a t-shirt made with the slogan

'NO! Glenn Frey is NOT old enough to be my dad'

Grew up listening to Eagles songs on the radio in the 70s and followed Don Henley and Glenn Freys 80s solo careers, then continued to follow the band and particularly Glenn since they reunited in 1994.

I'm devastated that the band is over, I also feel that the guys were robbed of a final send off the way it happened. They deserved to go out in a blaze of glory when and how they chose. Not this.
    GA Glenn was the same age as my dad so I think that's why I am more drawn to the Eagles' 70s era and his work from the 80s. While I appreciate all of his talent, it's his voice in those earlier years that really captivates me.

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

I'll be in my 30s in August so I'm almost there. LOL But love reading that about your kids Tequila. I hope if I ever do have any that mine would be like that, because I'll still be listening to the Eagles songs and all my other favorites. Plus, it would be awesome to have a 3rd generation in my family of Eagles fans (realized if they also liked The Beatles it'd be 4th generation).
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Well they are old enough to my dads. LOL My father will be 66 in October.

Border Troubadour

Recently turned 21. Coincidently I was born 21 years to the day that the guys played California Jam.

I'll be 34 this July.

I hope everyone (or almost everyone) answers to get accuracy.

I am 16, going on 17!

Actually feels terrible that I like the Eagles at this age. As a result, I am pretty much a loner. Not even my parents like the Eagles (my father is a casual). My friends roll my eyes when I say this. They like the stupid, untalented fad that is pop music today. And in 2018, it has gotten worse.

My sister, while appreciative of the talent, in fact hates the Eagles and rock music of the 70's and 80's in general. She's into Kpop (another new fad among teenage girls) and says that they have much better personalities than my favorite musicians.

And my story of getting into them is very underwhelming, while you guys have awesome stories to tell! As I said, my father told me about Hotel California when I was like 8-9. Thought it was grandfather's music! When I was 15 (yes call me a fake fan or whatever) I finally was curious enough to search on it for YouTube. I listened to 1977 Capital Center first (not studio). Unlike other casuals however, I was not satisfied. I wanted more versions and dug more and more. Listened to Take It Easy next, pretty good.

I then found out a video of "Top 10 Guitar Solos" by WatchMojo (for those who don't know, WatchMojo is a list making YouTube channel) and Hotel was 7th or 8th, if I remember correctly. That version was weird (it was, thanks to my eventual findings, a mish mash of 1977 Capital Center music video footage, with Eagles Live audio). I did not know about that back then, I desperately tried searching. I found a video with the same video but audio of the studio version. I commented that it was fake, and out of nowhere, a commenter pointed out to me a video of the exact version I wanted! I was ecstatic on seeing it. He invited me to a Google Drive of a collection of Eagles stuff. And here is where my story kind of goes different. The third performance I ever saw of the Eagles was not Take It to the Limit, not Peaceful Easy Feeling, not Already Gone, but.... Turn to Stone from 1976 Houston. It was inevitable then that I was hooked on to Walsh and Felder's chemistry and I became attached to the Eagles in general! So that's that.

And lastly, sorry for necroposting.
    The chemistry... nuff said

cosec, don't feel terrible. I think it's awesome that you're an Eagles fan at such a young age. I can understand feeling alone in it, though. I'm in my early 30s, but I've never known anyone my age who likes the Eagles (or even knows who they were). My mom is a big fan, but I think I've surpassed her in Eagles-mania. That's why I love to come on here, where I can talk to people who are just as obsessed as I am.

I looked at the poll and it's truly wonderful the diverse range of ages of Borderers. As I believe it was Timothy (or perhaps Henley) said in an interview with the Farewell 1 dvd, they have transcended generations.

I'm glad you brought this post back, I didn't even know it existed!

I'm 30 years old. I'm a fan of a band that, in my country, it's only known for one song, Hotel California. And that's it. None of my friends know any other song besides HC, my mum likes them but not at all like I do lol
    I got to know PEF and LE on MTV back when I was a teen (when they played music videos, wow...) and fell in love instantly, but the true fan madness came around only last year, unfortunately.
    There was this amazing radio station here that only played international songs, so they played some Eagles besides HC, and I went looking for videos on youtube, downloaded the Greatest Hits and then all their discography lol
    It was a fast process of falling in love with them.

I just wish I had known this place earlier. Wish I had become a true fan (as I am now, looking for bootlegs, photos, facts, talking abt them in boards and listening to their music for hours every day) before Frey passed.
    By the time he died I was just a casual... but at least I knew who he was!

Anyway, it's hard being a new fan these days...
    "Broken hearts can't call the cops. Yeah, it's the perfect crime."

LOL that post up there about the "Glenn is not old enough to be my dad" t-shirt

I could never wear that
    Those guys are old enough to be my grandparents

Do I feel guilty for being attracted to men this age?
    Why should I lol
    they don't even know I exist, and never will

That's what you get for liking real music, and not the sh*t they make nowadays.
    It's the same with all the other bands I love, tbh. All from the 70s/80s.

Real music, man... real music.
    "Broken hearts can't call the cops. Yeah, it's the perfect crime."

Quote Originally Posted by cosec3791 View Post
    I am 16, going on 17!

Actually feels terrible that I like the Eagles at this age. As a result, I am pretty much a loner. Not even my parents like the Eagles (my father is a casual). My friends roll my eyes when I say this. They like the stupid, untalented fad that is pop music today. And in 2018, it has gotten worse.

My sister, while appreciative of the talent, in fact hates the Eagles and rock music of the 70's and 80's in general. She's into Kpop (another new fad among teenage girls) and says that they have much better personalities than my favorite musicians.

And my story of getting into them is very underwhelming, while you guys have awesome stories to tell! As I said, my father told me about Hotel California when I was like 8-9. Thought it was grandfather's music! When I was 15 (yes call me a fake fan or whatever) I finally was curious enough to search on it for YouTube. I listened to 1977 Capital Center first (not studio). Unlike other casuals however, I was not satisfied. I wanted more versions and dug more and more. Listened to Take It Easy next, pretty good.

I then found out a video of "Top 10 Guitar Solos" by WatchMojo (for those who don't know, WatchMojo is a list making YouTube channel) and Hotel was 7th or 8th, if I remember correctly. That version was weird (it was, thanks to my eventual findings, a mish mash of 1977 Capital Center music video footage, with Eagles Live audio). I did not know about that back then, I desperately tried searching. I found a video with the same video but audio of the studio version. I commented that it was fake, and out of nowhere, a commenter pointed out to me a video of the exact version I wanted! I was ecstatic on seeing it. He invited me to a Google Drive of a collection of Eagles stuff. And here is where my story kind of goes different. The third performance I ever saw of the Eagles was not Take It to the Limit, not Peaceful Easy Feeling, not Already Gone, but.... Turn to Stone from 1976 Houston. It was inevitable then that I was hooked on to Walsh and Felder's chemistry and I became attached to the Eagles in general! So that's that.

And lastly, sorry for necroposting.
    Wow, cosec.

I figured from your postings you were much older. Don't care what you friends say about it is my only advice. The time I stopped caring so much about what other people think is the time I was able to find some inner peace. And it wasn't all that long ago, and I'm 29 (30 in September). It took me a long time to feel ok with myself, much later than most probably. I'm "different" from most people my age and I'm perfectly ok with that. Most 20-somethings drive me insane. Even when I was little, I'd go talk to the adults and not hang with the kids in the park. So it's something I've been like all my life. I'm happy to be a classic rock purist and to listen to the music of my parents. It's fine to me. I'm not embarrased.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."