Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Your Favorite MOMENTS In Songs??

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Your Favorite MOMENTS In Songs??

Quote Originally Posted by SilverAcidRayne View Post
    Bee Gees! lol

the beginning of Lonely Days....
    And the end of it. 'wherewouldIbewithoutmywoman' the way Barry sings that so fast. I saw them do it. Fantastic song.

Border Desperado SilverAcidRayne's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    And the end of it. 'wherewouldIbewithoutmywoman' the way Barry sings that so fast. I saw them do it. Fantastic song.
    it sure is... they were awesome.

On my leatherette looking through pictures...

From some of my all-time favourite songs, The first notes of ELP's "From the Beginning."

The middle, mellower section of the Moody Blues' "Question."

Those opening fiddles, as well as that final electric guitar note on the Youngbloods' "Darkness, Darkness."

All of 10cc's "I'm Not in Love."

The accelerated musical action towards the middle, and also the electric guitar, banjo, and fiddle outro to "Journey of the Sorcerer."

The final verse of Pink Floyd's "Dogs," where Roger Waters is shouting every negative thing I have ever felt.
    All carrot, no stick.

"He's just another power junkie, just another silk scarf monkey. You'd know it if you saw his stuff. The man just isn't big enough."--Glenn Frey/Don Henley

"You think you know me, but you haven't got a clue."--John Lennon/Paul McCartney

Quote Originally Posted by MortSahlFan View Post
    If it helps, if you give the specific time (and a link if possible) we'll know what you mean exactly, and someone can give it the proper term, so that some of us can learn forever!
    Starts either at or ever-so-slightly before 4 minutes into the song. Guitar solos, then mournful synthesizer soloing before launching into the accelerating guitar tones.
    All carrot, no stick.

"He's just another power junkie, just another silk scarf monkey. You'd know it if you saw his stuff. The man just isn't big enough."--Glenn Frey/Don Henley

"You think you know me, but you haven't got a clue."--John Lennon/Paul McCartney

The beginning of "From The Beginning" sounds a tiny bit like the beginning of Yes' "Roundabout".

The four songs I like by 10cc are SO different from each other.
    -One Night In Paris
    -I'm Not In Love
    -Dreadlock Holiday
    -The Things We For Love

"Dogs" is one of my favorite songs ever.. l think Roger Waters is the greatest lyricist ever. And he wrote most of the music too.

Quote Originally Posted by MortSahlFan View Post
    The beginning of "From The Beginning" sounds a tiny bit like the beginning of Yes' "Roundabout".

"Dogs" is one of my favorite songs ever.. l think Roger Waters is the greatest lyricist ever. And he wrote most of the music too.

My mother noted the similarities between them, too.

Pink Floyd-wise, Richard Wright's tickling of the ivories on parts of the song "If" from the "Atom Heart Mother" album is stunning in its beauty and simplicity.
    All carrot, no stick.

Border Desperado SilverAcidRayne's Avatar

a lot of AM Radio i've been into also. fell in love with Carly Simon's Legend In Your Own Time. Joni Mitchell. "Help Me" the harmonies. I'm a huge harmony fan

I forgot Robby Krieger's solo in "Light My Fire" - which is cut out from a lot of radio. And with the same band, "Waiting for you to tell me what went wrong"

(still after 20 years I get chills, wow, that's how you know it's timeless!)

On "Lyin' Eyes" I always love "and pours herself a strong one" - again Glenn's tender vocals..

One of my all time favorite moments comes in the album version of Jackson Browne's For Everyman at the drum roll and crescendo. Start listening for it around 4:45 and that gorgeous crescendo happens at 5:15. I love it so much that I don't enjoy listening to any other version.

http://youtu.be/Qbvq1oYAvNA
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Border Desperado

This might not be what you had in mind, as it's a song and video moment, but I'll mention it anyway. I love the end of Take It To the Limit from the 1977 show at the Capital Centre. It's at about 4:15 in this version. Randy nails the high notes and the video cuts to Glenn who looks so proud.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7hmF_IX9Ic