Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cindy Frey?? Is Guest on Chelsea Handler Does Marriage

Default Cindy Frey?? Is Guest on Chelsea Handler Does Marriage

Last night I was streaming Chelsea Handler on Netflix and who showed up at the "friend table" but Cindy Frey? (Huh-Watt??) At least, I think it's Cindy Frey. I didn't know they were friends, and to me, it seemed like an unlikely pair! But, ok, whatever.

Later, on the next episode, Irving Azoff is featured. It seems he's Chelsea's manager? So now it makes more sense, I guess.

Important note: The topic at the table was marriage. To me, Cindy's short but definitely sweet remarks now seem poignant.

Also, just fyi, I tried to verify this. I checked the credits, and most of the people are not in the credits, including Chelsea's friend, "Cindy."

ETA: I'm almost certain this must have been taped long before Glenn fell ill. And I guess it's only fair to warn you that this is a pretty rowdy group with some rowdy language; but, Cindy's remarks to which I refer are at the beginning, and I don't remember her later in the video, so if that's troubling to you, and I totally understand if it is, just know that you don't have to watch very far into it to hear Cindy.

Spoiler alert! If you want to watch this for yourself, without prior knowledge, stop reading now.

In case you aren't able to view this, here's what happens:
    Chelsea and her friends are at a table in a restaurant in NYC. They chat for a short while.
    Chelsea's friend, identified as "Cindy," remarks how she's been married for 25 years, so half of her life! (Laughter ensues.) Chelsea then asks if all of that time together makes you love someone even more. After a brief pause, "Cindy" says, "Yes...well, most days!" (More laughter.) Sheer conjecture on my part, but to me, "Cindy" looks like she's having great fun, and I think that's just fine.
    Last edited by LuvTim; 04-17-2016 at 09:27 PM.

It's all in your smile that brings
    All of the special things about you

Default Re: Cindy Frey?? Is Guest on Chelsea Handler Does Marriage

I remember Glenn & Chelsea Chandler being mentioned in the same article once. It might have been the article about those privileged to have a showing of a new (unreleased) movie in their home. I believe that the Frey's & Chelsea were guests at Irving's screening.

I wish I had seen that. As far as I know we don't get her show.

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

What did Cindy say about marriage, LuvTim?

I like what Glenn told Soda when she paused at his invitation to come to his hotel room, "Hey, I'm happily married. I'm practically neutered."

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    What did Cindy say about marriage, LuvTim?

I like what Glenn told Soda when she paused at his invitation to come to his hotel room, "Hey, I'm happily married. I'm practically neutered."
    Edited above to answer your question, NMB.

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

That's interesting and had no idea about this either. I know Chelsea from the movies she's been in and her other shows but had no idea she was friends with Cindy & Glenn, or her manager was Irving. I have Netflix so I'll have to check it out. I do know being a fan of Netflix's other scripted shows they are filmed many months if not a year before it actually is available to watch.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

LT - Thanks for the heads up about this. I hope you don't mind, but I moved this to Glenn's forum since most all of the discussion about the band's family is in their respective forums.

Since I don't have Netflix, I appreciate any of the details you can give us.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    LT - Thanks for the heads up about this. I hope you don't mind, but I moved this to Glenn's forum since most all of the discussion about the band's family is in their respective forums.

Since I don't have Netflix, I appreciate any of the details you can give us.
    Thanks, dreamer.

There isn't a lot left to tell, really. Her part was very brief. After the part I've described above, she's just shown in the long shots laughing at the others as they remark. And then the scene changes.

So mainly, I was just surprised to see her in this particular context (if, in fact, this is Cindy Frey.) It was just so unexpected, if you know what I mean, that I just had to share.

That definitely looks like Cindy. Just finished watching it. She really didn't say that much other than at the beginning. Jason Biggs and his wife were mostly talking. I didn't see Irving. I need to go back and watch.

She looked soo happy and having fun. This was probably recorded before Glenn got sick in November. I think I saw that this episode came out on January 22 which was 4 days after Glenn died.

I think I remembered reading that Irving represented Chelsea.

Quote Originally Posted by shunlvswx View Post
    Just finished watching it. She really didn't say that much other than at the beginning. Jason Biggs and his wife were mostly talking. I didn't see Irving. I need to go back and watch.

I think I remembered reading that Irving represented Chelsea.
    Irving is in the next doc, Chelsea Does Technology. Sorry for the confusion there.

Quote Originally Posted by LuvTim View Post
    Irving is in the next doc, Chelsea Does Technology. Sorry for the confusion there.
    Thanks. I will take a look at that episode.