Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Prince has died

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

Default Re: Prince has died

I'm so sad. I loved Prince too, as did my mother. This is going to be hard on her too. I loved so many of Prince's songs and "Little Red Corvette" is one of my top favorite songs of all time. We also played "1999" at our New Year's Eve party for the year 2000 and since Y2k didn't happen, and I loved his Super Bowl performance. I saw Stevie Nicks' post on Twitter a little bit ago and I was thinking of her too since "Little Red Corvette" inspired her to write "Stand Back" and Prince played synthesizer on it, and they were good friends. First she lost Glenn and now Prince. This year has just been so brutal in the music world.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Full non stop cverage by cnn and the like. Funny how little tv news time Glenn Frey got in comparision.

This is just too much

Stuck on the Border

Incredibly talented man, singer, songwriter & guitarist. The Purple Rain soundtrack is wonderful - especially the title track, which he said he was tyring to sound like Bob Seger, When Doves Cry & Let's Go Crazy. Other great songs included 1999, Sign Of The Times, Alphabet St, Sexy MF, Little Red Corvette, Kiss, Cream etc etc. May he rest in peace. He was only two years older than me.

But regarding the amoung of coverage it has become quite evident that Glenn was not regarded as important enough to warrant it.

ETA: Of all things he was found in an elevator.

'Don't let the elevator bring us down'.
    Last edited by Freypower; 04-21-2016 at 07:16 PM.

On my leatherette looking through pictures...

I was walking into 'X-Factor Grill' in Toccoa, GA earlier this afternoon when I saw, emblazoned across one of their flat-screen TV's, the Fox News headline "Prince Dead at 57." I confess I had been wondering who would be next to die, but I NEVER would have thought it would be him.

I was so absolutely gutted to see that, and I've never been any sort of fan of his. The only song of his I ever liked was "(I Just Want Your) Kiss." Still, like David Bowie, he had an immeasurable impact upon the specter of pop music.

RIP.
    All carrot, no stick.

"He's just another power junkie, just another silk scarf monkey. You'd know it if you saw his stuff. The man just isn't big enough."--Glenn Frey/Don Henley

"You think you know me, but you haven't got a clue."--John Lennon/Paul McCartney

Yesterday, I was listening to an old Stevie Nicks interview where she talks about Prince being a good friend to her. Then, today, this.

RIP Prince.

In his words, "Life is just a party - and parties aren't meant to last."

That doesn't make it any easier, though.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Wow. RIP.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

On my leatherette looking through pictures...

Not sure what to make of this, accuracy-wise. If true, a sad twist to an already tragic story.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...ws8IHU.twitter
    All carrot, no stick.

"He's just another power junkie, just another silk scarf monkey. You'd know it if you saw his stuff. The man just isn't big enough."--Glenn Frey/Don Henley

"You think you know me, but you haven't got a clue."--John Lennon/Paul McCartney

Another loss to the musical world. RIP Prince.

Stuck on the Border Witchy Woman's Avatar

What a damn shame. Such a talented and gifted entertainer. Love his music. Huge loss