Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Detroit Awards Travelers

Default Re: Detroit Awards Travelers

GA, Love the photos and interesting recap of your visit to Royal Oak and Glenn Frey Drive! I share your disappointment in the RRHOF collection of Eagle memorabilia - it seems odd there isn't more but still - very exciting to see up close. Thank you for sharing!!!

Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar

It sounds like a lovely & hopefully healing trip GA. I bet Glenn was smiling down on 3 of his biggest fans and appreciating the love from y'all. And the photos are great especially the one of you. You look beautiful!

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Thanks for the lovely review, GA. I don't have a lot to add to what GA and Soda have written about our pilgrimage to Detroit and Royal Oak, but I will make a few comments. First of all, it was great seeing Soda and GA again. I know I can always count on a good time with these two.

I agree that Glenn's tribute at the Detroit Music Awards was well done and was, of course, the highlight of the evening. Despite a long and boring show (there were a few good performances), I'm glad that I was there.

Now, as far as the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, I have to say that I was extremely disappointed in the Eagles exhibit. I had visited there before several years ago and thought their exhibit was great. I was disappointed that no pictures were allowed at that time, so I was really excited when they told us pictures were permitted now and very happy that we would be able to get a picture of the Eagles exhibit to post here. I never dreamed that they would cut the exhibit more than in half. I had figured, if anything, it would have grown, not shrunk. They have plenty of unused space there, so I have no idea why they don't have a lot of the memorabilia displayed.

I also think this trip was cathartic. However, driving home I began feeling very sad and emotional thinking about Glenn's life being cut short when he had so many unrealized dreams. I just have to keep remembering that he had a wonderful life in the time he was here on this earth and lived his life to the fullest. We are so lucky that he left us with his music.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Border Desperado

Thanks so much GA, Soda and Dreamer for sharing details and photos of your trip with us. It sounds like you all had a wonderful time.

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

Thanks GA, Soda, and Dreamer for sharing this with us!!! Love the pictures and that you all had a great time.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Ga, Soda, and Dreamer, thanks so much for sharing this experience with us. And for the pictures, Ga. You look beautiful and it's so wonderful that you were able to travel so far to do this! Soda and Dreamer traveled far too, but not quite so far! You guys are the best! I wish I could have gone and this makes it all so final that he really is gone. But I'm so thankful for the wonderful life that he had. Surely, most of his dreams were realized and at least we have his music.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

Thanks for sharing your reviews, Soda, Dreamer, and GA. It's great that ya'll were able to do this. Sounds like you had a blast. GA_ you look great in your photo and thanks for sharing them. I'm shocked that the hall of same exhibit of America's best selling band is so small. At least Glenn left us with some of the best music ever made.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Out on the Border TequilaSunrise82's Avatar

Thank you for your review and I am so happy for you all that you were able to make that trip. I am very emotional just reading about it so I can't imagine what it felt like to actually be there. ...and here come the tears again

As I said before, I'm glad I did it. It felt right. I'm not going to put up photos because I look bad in them, but I'm glad GA's turned out so well!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border

Good to hear the trip went well. I hope it has helped you all and that you're beginning to be able to listen to the music. I know you still post occasionally, but you are missed.