Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Dallas, TX - May 1, 2016 "Ultimate Don Henley Experience"

Default Re: Dallas, TX - May 1, 2016 "Ultimate Don Henley Experience"

Thanks for the recap - what an EXCITING evening and opportunity to enjoy good music and conversation!!!! Don sounds like he enjoyed himself as much as everyone else which is really great to hear.

Re: the Hotel California musical - that is something I am definitely looking forward to but I'm bummed Glenn Frey can't be here to lend his support and considerable writing, arranging, production, performance etc skills to. If Don is planning to be involved that is fantastic news. Hopefully Glenn did get a chance to work on the project over the past couple years.

Thanks again for the recap - much appreciated!

Dawn

Thanks HB - I'm hanging on every word! It's so expensive but I have to admit, you make it sound worth the money!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Yep - Thanks from me too, HB. Of course, I'm delighted that you had such a good time. I loved the Troubadour story - too cute. And I'm also glad to hear that Don is planning to see the Broadway show through. I'm really looking forward to hearing more about it.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar

Another story before I head to bed...

Last week a contractor came to his house to do some work & Don went outside to talk to him. Don told us that after a moment went by, the fella pointed at him & said " you're the rock star". Don did the "you're the rock star" in a deep Texas worker twang. Funny!
    Don told him - "no, I am a musician".
    Lesson taught - do not call Don a rock star.

This story reminded me of the LA children's basketball league employee who wrote that Glenn introduced himself as musician Glenn Frey.

Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar

DD - we (VA & I) did get a photo with Don. She was on 1 side of him & I was on the other. We were in place beside him & Don said something like "let me fix this" or "I can make this better" & he proceeded to lift his arms & put them around our shoulders. I said something like all right & the photographer started shooting. My mouth will probably be open

We have not received the photos yet.

As for the after shave, as Don said at the beginning of the program - "it is allergy season in Texas". If he was wearing any I would not have been able to smell it.

Border Troubadour

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Baby View Post
    DD - we (VA & I) did get a photo with Don. She was on 1 side of him & I was on the other. We were in place beside him & Don said something like "let me fix this" or "I can make this better" & he proceeded to lift his arms & put them around our shoulders. I said something like all right & the photographer started shooting. My mouth will probably be open

We have not received the photos yet.

As for the after shave, as Don said at the beginning of the program - "it is allergy season in Texas". If he was wearing any I would not have been able to smell it.
    Aw, thanks HB - it sounds like it was an unforgettable experience. I definitely have to put it on my bucket list. I think I wouldn't have been able to resist a little squeeze if Don put his arms around me!!!
    ...Well it sure makes you wonder the things that some people will say. They can see black and white but they don't seem to notice the grey...

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Baby View Post
    Wait!! Don said that. LOL I know in a lot of pictures, Don sometimes doesn't put his arm around people. Some times he do and some don't. I think Don was having too much fun. I heard he smile in a lot of the pictures.

Since it was 3 hours with Don, who stopped it since Don was on an answering question spree? LOL Did you guys have time to speak with Don just a little during the pictures. I heard he took time to talk to everybody even longer.

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

Thanks so much HB for recapping!!! It sounds like it was great and I'm loving finding out what all he said.

About the musical, I'm glad we got more info about it and that Don's taking it over. Musicals do take years and Glenn seemed to be very involved with it, and possibly Rita Wilson, and it does make me wonder too how far along they were with it. Hopefully we'll find out more soon and I agree there are a lot of musicals already out and still being announced using the catalog of an musician/band.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

HB, just awesome! I hope you will share your picture with us! It sounds like it will be a good one!

I remember meeting Don years ago and he put his arm around me too. Still haven't forgotten that touch! And he was very nice and gracious!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Thanks for the review, HB. It sounds like you guys were able to relax Don. It's hard to believe he still gets nervous around people, but it's kind of endearing.

Did you ask him anything?
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.