Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Don Henley in Stockholm, Sweden - June 20, 2016

Default Don Henley in Stockholm, Sweden - June 20, 2016

Here are a few videos from tonight or last night for Sweden.

From what I read on facebook. Don did. Drum roll everybody. The Last Resort. I hope its still in the set by the time Don comes back to the US in July.

Desperado
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RuNg2ksw6HM[/ame]

I'm thinking this is The Last Resort. Its listed as Paradise. Its block in the US. I hope somebody can see it. Is their a way to see a block video on Youtube?
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=viMc-bQnNcw[/ame]

Hotel Calfornia
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7gALDxDP04[/ame]

Life In the Fast Lane
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aetdWTpcuhU[/ame]

Default Re: Don Henley in Stockholm, Sweden - June 20, 2016

Thanks, shun. A lot of people will be pleased to hear about "The Last Resort"!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border

It's The Last Resort, alright.

There are some photos from last night on Rockfoto.net
    Good to see Steuart Smith in the band!

Border Troubadour

Thanks. 'The Last Resort' - just fabulous!
    ...Well it sure makes you wonder the things that some people will say. They can see black and white but they don't seem to notice the grey...

Here's an article about the show. I had to use a translation website to translate the article from Swedish to English.

http://bloggar.aftonbladet.se/musikb...m-country-boy/

All the Eagles success however Don Henley the innermost part is still a country boy from Texas.
    It is when he really goes back to the roots of this show really touch.

After Glenn Frey's death will be no more Eagles, it was Don Henley clear with signalling last winter. So it is now to Henley we may contact us if we wish to hear the prewire Californian classics.

One and the other in the audience has certainly come for the Eagles songs in the evening and we may in fact few, but Henley has also said that he is not interested in becoming a jukebox, so the focus is strongly on his successful 80-century plates and, above all, on illuminating last year turn-up "Cass County".

Where Henley embrace his country roots, the music that shaped him while growing up in Linden, Texas. And on the stage frames he and seven-piece band with pedal steel, fiddle, mandolin and three brilliant choirs shoes - Erica Swindell, Lara Johnston and Lily Elise- which both engages Louvin Brothers old "When I Stop Dreaming" and duets free fill the shoes after Dolly Parton as Martina McBride.

Henley's also the brilliant interpreter of darkness and pain lurking beneath the beautiful surface and framgångsfernissan in Los Angeles. "Sunset Grill" and "The end of the innocence" will still something and is also refined composed songs.

He picks up the Eagles epic, rarely played "The Last Resort", about man's eternal tendency to destroy himself, feels like a commentary on the political situation at home in the United States. The somewhat unexpected cover of Tears for Fears' Everybody wants to rule the world "as well.

It also honors Henley that he manages to get the audience to put aside their mobiles for almost the entire show ( "As we used to say in the 60's: Be Here Now"). At the same time feels himself not always one hundred percent currently, some of those must-songs go a little routine.

And a part of all that which sold discs in the Eighties has de facto time has not been so kind.
    Last edited by shunlvswx; 06-21-2016 at 10:09 AM. Reason: redid some of the translation

Thank you Shunlvswx, I really enjoyed the Don Henley video's and the write up on the show! Great find and excellent work on the translation!
    I am really looking forward to July 1st!

I forgot to add. The setlist is in the article. Their is a Long Road Out of Eden song in the set, but Don's not singing it from what I read.

I translated something else from the article.

Don Henley
    Plats: Globen, Stockholm. Publik: Halva arenan är avskärmad och somliga platser gapar tomma så kanske 3 000. Längd: 128 minuter. Bäst: ”The last resort”, ”New York minute” och Tift Merritts ”Bramble rose”. Sämst: ”All she wants to do is dance” är ingen svängfest, titeln till trots.

Don Henley
    Location: Globe Arena, Stockholm. Audience: Half the stadium is closed off and some places are empty and maybe 3 000. Length: 128 minutes. The best: "The Last Resort", "New York minute" and Tift Merritt's "Bramble Rose". Worst: "All she wants to do is dance" is not a swing party, title aside.

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

Thanks so much Shun for all the vids and the article!!! That is so great he sang "The Last Resort"!!! Unexpected with that Tears for Fears cover but I love that song. I'm so excited to finally see him in August!!!
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."