Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Dallas, TX - May 1, 2016 "Ultimate Don Henley Experience"

Default Dallas, TX - May 1, 2016 "Ultimate Don Henley Experience"

A video I found on twitter tonight. Look at all those cell phones. LOL

https://twitter.com/sundance_dfw/sta...77101014794242

Default Re: "Ultimate Don Henley Experience" in Dallas, TX on Apr. 30 - May 2

If someone could find out the names of his current touring guitarists I would greatly appreciate it. I know that Thorn is out of the band now and I want to know who the new guy is.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Quote Originally Posted by shunlvswx View Post
    A video I found on twitter tonight. Look at all those cell phones. LOL

https://twitter.com/sundance_dfw/sta...77101014794242
    Hehehe.

It's my opinion that when you are paying that kind of money (for a concert or a intimate experience like this), you should be able to use your damn phone and take pictures and even video. The future is clear - mobile devices and social media are the future. It saddens me to see people who have their head in the sand over this and refuse and continue to be a stick in the mud. If you (meaning Don) don't want to partake fine, but don't stop everyone else from getting on the train.

That said, I'm glad Don is allowing people to use their phones, even if for only one song...as it should be.

As far as the clip of HC, Don sounds great here, but it reminds me too much of the reggae version (albeit no monkey noises). The rhythm doesn't fit the lyrics to me, even if the song was originally referred to as reggae, it became a rock song. The rhythm in this is too Bob Marley, lol, and not the haunting slow original.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Chris Holt. He played guitar solo on That Old Flame.

Chris Holt. He played guitar solo on That Old Flame.
    Thanks Shun! I'll go Google him.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger

I was watching a few videos from twitter this weekend. Don did two charity galas Friday and Saturday for two schools and all you can see were phones, phones and more phones. And people were standing up. LOL A few videos the people were right there in front of Don's face. Maybe he's becoming a little soft with taking pictures(yeah right. LOL) because I saw two videos very close up.

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    Thanks Shun! I'll go Google him.
    You're welcome, Austin. There's an article on the internet of how Chris gotten to work with Don. It all started with him teaching Will have to play the guitar.
    Last edited by shunlvswx; 05-02-2016 at 12:49 AM.

I was watching a few videos from twitter this weekend. Don did two charity galas Friday and Saturday for two schools and all you can see were phones, phones and more phones. And people were standing up. LOL A few videos the people were right there in front of Don's face. Maybe he's being nice about taking pictures because I saw two videos very close up.
    Thats good to hear...maybe he's getting more tolerant as time goes on when he sees that nothing will change.

I'd like to think that he will come to realize that like it or not, it's the future.

I've discussed the many benefits of sharing concert pics on social media in the "Smartphone Concert" thread in the other music section I think (or maybe it was in the offtopic area). I think it benefits these guys. Great free promotion.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger

This is also the guy who hated social media, but Don knew he had to promote Cass County. So he had to use his facebook page and YouTube. Two social media he hates.

This is also the guy who hated social media, but Don knew he had to promote Cass County. So he had to use his facebook page and YouTube. Two social media he hates.
    Exactly.

If you want to pull in a wide demographic (ie people who aren't hardcore DH/Eagles fans, or may not even know who he is) for your shows or records, you gotta get on the latest way of promotion and communication. Even some older people are as big on social media as the younger generation is. Some artists take it a step further and use social media as a platform not just to promote but to interact with fans, and I think that is very cool. Never before could you actually be in contact anywhere near as much or often as now.

If you go to a show of Don's, and you post a pic (or just mention it) and hashtag it, and have even a decent smaller following, you've just promoted his show to potential new fans or concertgoers. Those people could share/repost/retweet, comment, or just liking it and THEIR friends see it in their activity feed. It's a chain reaction and it absolutely benefits the artist.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger