Hi guys, I know everyone is anxiously waiting for a review & you may have to wait a couple more days for it. I am exhausted from lack of sleep but it was great catching up with old friends & meeting new ones.
As I said before Don was so gracious and at the beginning, it was apparent that he was nervous & somewhat apprehensive. As he put it "he was as nervous as a long tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs". He then asked where people were from so everyone yelled out their home city/state or country. He seemed genuinely surprised that there were fans from Austria, Canada, Switzerland, Australia, New Zealand, etc. When someone called out Melbourne he said he had a cousin living there & went on to explain that she went to medical school & married a fellow medical student from Australia. When they graduated he took her to Melbourne to live so Don always visits when he is there. This was how the whole show went with Don talking to us, answering questions & going on a tangent as he said. He was very patient, kind & thoughtful in answering the questions. I was impressed that he was never dismissive of anyone's question.
The Troubadour story was in answer to the question - did he have any favorite memories of playing there. He said he could clear up 1 rumor in that the Eagles never played there. He played there with his band Shiloh and in Linda's backing band. Then he explained that he now realizes that it was not the building, the 4 walls that made The Troub special but the people there at that time. People like Linda R., David Crosby, Graham Nash, Steve Martin, John David Souther etc . So this story goes as I remember him telling it.....

"Glenn & I were upstairs in the balcony watching Linda R. & her band perform. At the next table was a guy & his date, girlfriend, wife. Which I didn't know but the guy kept talking & was LOUD. So Linda is singing a soft ballad & Glenn & I are trying to listen so I shss'd him. He turns to me & says 'hey man, I'm cool'. I must have had a couple of tequila shots in me cause I said 'no man, you're an a$$hole'. Well the guy stands up, Glenn turns white cause this is a big guy. He picks me up by the shirt & lifts me OFF the ground. I am hanging there & Glenn starts trying to talk the guy down, telling him that he didn't need to do that, it's all good & that he shouldn't do this because I am in the Eagles. Like the guy is going to know WHO the Eagles are. We didn't even have our 1st record out. But after a minute of Glenn talking, he sat me down".

This was one of my favorite stories of the night & Don looked amused as he told the story. More to come......