Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 41

Thread: Dallas, TX - May 1, 2016 "Ultimate Don Henley Experience"

  1. #11
    Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Houston TX
    Posts
    3,070

    Default Re: "Ultimate Don Henley Experience" in Dallas, TX on Apr. 30 - May 2

    I apologize that I am just getting on the board but after doing the photos with Don there was an after party so between getting to bed super late, packing & now dashing off to the airport I
    am short on time. I can only say Don was outstanding, funny & very gracious.

  2. #12
    Border Troubadour
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    1,097

    Default Re: "Ultimate Don Henley Experience" in Dallas, TX on Apr. 30 - May 2

    Quote Originally Posted by Houston Baby View Post
    I apologize that I am just getting on the board but after doing the photos with Don there was an after party so between getting to bed super late, packing & now dashing off to the airport I
    am short on time. I can only say Don was outstanding, funny & very gracious.
    Sigh....tell us more when you can HB I saw a few photos of him - he looked gorgeous
    ...Well it sure makes you wonder the things that some people will say. They can see black and white but they don't seem to notice the grey...

  3. #13
    Stuck on the Border shunlvswx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Jackson, MS
    Posts
    5,309

    Default Re: "Ultimate Don Henley Experience" in Dallas, TX on Apr. 30 - May 2

    I saw a few pictures too. He looked good. I loved his brown/tanish shirt. So what I saw only Will, Chris, Stuart, Lara, Erica and Lily was there from his band.

    I heard the very acoustic reggae like HC someone posted on twitter. I've never thought he would ever bring that verse back out. lol

    I can't wait to read your recap, HB. Have a safe trip back. Luckily its a short trip to Houston.

  4. #14
    Border Desperado jms18222's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    366

    Default Re: "Ultimate Don Henley Experience" in Dallas, TX on Apr. 30 - May 2

    Quote Originally Posted by shunlvswx View Post
    I was watching a few videos from twitter this weekend. Don did two charity galas Friday and Saturday for two schools and all you can see were phones, phones and more phones. And people were standing up. LOL A few videos the people were right there in front of Don's face. Maybe he's becoming a little soft with taking pictures(yeah right. LOL) because I saw two videos very close up.

    Nah I think it was more of these people paid a lot of money for these tickets plus one of those benefits, from what I have read, was for his daughter's school so I would imagine they are friendly with many of the attendees. The 2nd benefit was for a school with children with learning disabilities, not sure there was a family connection there or not.Either way it was great that he did a benefit for this school
    Wish there was such a school in my area because I have a nephew with non-verbal autism. Would help him out so much.

    Maybe he is losing up a bit...we will see if he allows cameras this summer.
    Last edited by jms18222; 05-02-2016 at 12:10 PM.

  5. #15
    Stuck on the Border shunlvswx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Jackson, MS
    Posts
    5,309

    Default Re: "Ultimate Don Henley Experience" in Dallas, TX on Apr. 30 - May 2

    Yeah. I knew the one about his daughter's school which was cool. I just didn't want to say it.

    I guess he would do anything help out his children's school and that's usually the case for any parent. Its just your father is Don Henley. LOL

  6. #16
    Border Desperado jms18222's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    366

    Default Re: "Ultimate Don Henley Experience" in Dallas, TX on Apr. 30 - May 2

    Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    Exactly.


    If you go to a show of Don's, and you post a pic (or just mention it) and hashtag it, and have even a decent smaller following, you've just promoted his show to potential new fans or concertgoers. Those people could share/repost/retweet, comment, or just liking it and THEIR friends see it in their activity feed. It's a chain reaction and it absolutely benefits the artist.

    I very much doubt the Eagles or Don Henley need much in the way of promotion & I would wager most of his summer shows are close to being sold out if not sold out already. His body of work speaks for itself. I think if it came to the point where he needed to tweet/facebook/youtube/hashtag to sell tickets, I think he would retire & spend more time with his family. Doesn't his mother in-;aw have alzheimer's disease?
    Yes I would love to take a few photos or a video or 2 for my own enjoyment but you get warned on the ticket.
    While when I saw the Eagles in Atlantic City they really did nothing to anyone taking photos/video. When I saw Cass County in Philly, they practically tackled a woman taking a picture & made her delete it. This was during the encore too! She was escorted out. I have zero pictures from that show but I was alos up close.

    We will see how it goes during Musikfest in August. Perhaps Don did mellow some...but I doubt it.

  7. #17
    Stuck on the Border WalshFan88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    West Central Illinois
    Posts
    10,345

    Default Re: "Ultimate Don Henley Experience" in Dallas, TX on Apr. 30 - May 2

    Quote Originally Posted by jms18222 View Post
    I very much doubt the Eagles or Don Henley need much in the way of promotion & I would wager most of his summer shows are close to being sold out if not sold out already. His body of work speaks for itself. I think if it came to the point where he needed to tweet/facebook/youtube/hashtag to sell tickets, I think he would retire & spend more time with his family. Doesn't his mother in-;aw have alzheimer's disease?
    Yes I would love to take a few photos or a video or 2 for my own enjoyment but you get warned on the ticket.
    While when I saw the Eagles in Atlantic City they really did nothing to anyone taking photos/video. When I saw Cass County in Philly, they practically tackled a woman taking a picture & made her delete it. This was during the encore too! She was escorted out. I have zero pictures from that show but I was alos up close.

    We will see how it goes during Musikfest in August. Perhaps Don did mellow some...but I doubt it.
    I'm mostly talking about promoting to the younger crowd who may not know about him or the band. For that, social media is the way it works... To an older crowd, I agree.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles 1972-2016
    #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

    RIP Glenn Lewis Frey 1948-2016
    "People don't run out of dreams, people just run out of time"



  8. #18
    Stuck on the Border Dawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Walking in Memphis ...
    Posts
    1,661

    Default Re: "Ultimate Don Henley Experience" in Dallas, TX on Apr. 30 - May 2

    Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    I'm mostly talking about promoting to the younger crowd who may not know about him or the band. For that, social media is the way it works... To an older crowd, I agree.
    I absolutely agree - social media is the the super highway - like it or not.

  9. #19
    Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    1,622

    Default Re: Dallas, TX - May 1, 2016 "Ultimate Don Henley Experience"

    I just saw on the Eagles Fastlane FB page they posted a podcast talking a bit about what happened and it sounds like it was great. That is so awesome Don ended up talking & performing for 3 hours when it was only supposed to be 90 mins. Also, the story he told about almost getting in a bar fight in I think 1971 and Glenn saving the day was new to me. Apparently some big guy got mad at them and actually picked Don up by his shirt and was about to hit him when Glenn yelled "Put him down, he's an Eagle!" They hadn't even recorded an album yet but the guy bought Glenn's story that they were famous and stopped. LOL That just cracked me up.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

  10. #20
    Stuck on the Border shunlvswx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Jackson, MS
    Posts
    5,309

    Default Re: Dallas, TX - May 1, 2016 "Ultimate Don Henley Experience"

    I love that story. Little brother to the rescue. LOL

    I'm looking forward to hearing from everybody that was there. It looks like it was a fun night.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •