Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Donald Trump

On my leatherette looking through pictures...

Default Donald Trump

With the suspension of the last viable campaign going up against him in the GOP Primary in the wake of the results out of the state of Indiana, millionaire real estate developer and reality TV star Donald Trump is now, in all essence, the presumptive nominee for President of the United States of America.

Have toiled with the idea for putting this thread up at least since the subject of Joe Walsh's condemnation of the GOP's rhetoric, spearheaded by none other than The Don himself, came up a few weeks back. Knowing that this is going to be a divisive subject, I ask of all of my fellow Borderers: What do you think of Mr. Trump and the possibility of him becoming Leader of the Free World?
    All carrot, no stick.

"He's just another power junkie, just another silk scarf monkey. You'd know it if you saw his stuff. The man just isn't big enough."--Glenn Frey/Don Henley

"You think you know me, but you haven't got a clue."--John Lennon/Paul McCartney

Default Re: Donald Trump

I'm not sure if Soda will allow this thread long term although I couldn't find any terms about it in the TOS.

edited
    Last edited by WalshFan88; 05-04-2016 at 01:02 AM.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

On my leatherette looking through pictures...

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    I'm not sure if Soda will allow this thread long term although I couldn't find any terms about it in the TOS, but I'll say this for now.

Hunted for the most appropriate place to put this(either here or the 'Powers that Be' portal--I saw where the 2008 election thread was posted in the latter) and tried to figure if this was at all an appropriate topic for discussion and consumption on here--A topic as divisive as this one(more so than anything about Don Felder) is sort of unprecedented for the forum. Moderators can certainly do as they wish with the post.

Let's just hope we all can be civil in these discussions.
    All carrot, no stick.

"He's just another power junkie, just another silk scarf monkey. You'd know it if you saw his stuff. The man just isn't big enough."--Glenn Frey/Don Henley

"You think you know me, but you haven't got a clue."--John Lennon/Paul McCartney

I know I would prefer this to be a political free zone!!

Quote Originally Posted by zeldabjr View Post
    I know I would prefer this to be a political free zone!!
    In all seriousness, it's probably for the best. Most forums avoid allowing it and religion discussion in order to prevent nastiness. I've said my piece but I'll probably bow out now before it happens to get ugly. Let's hope not.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Both presumptive nominees are awful! Forget about their chances, what about ours???

We had a chance with Bernie Sanders, but the DNC has been rigged - even when Bernie wins, he loses because the super-delegates (444) already supported her a year ago. DNC also keeps changing their rules after Bernie wins in favor for the pre-ordained and perpetual nominee, Hillary Clinton, whose voted with the right-wing on EVERY major issue.

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

My first election, and I don't like either candidate.(Bernie still has a very slim chance.) I disike Trump more, though. He is too arrogant, self centered, and inexpirenced in the world of politics, imo.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Same, this is my first election too. I don't know if I should go for party solidarity with Trump, don't vote at all, or write in / vote 3rd party. Party solidarity would be done begrudgingly. I really don't want to vote for a NY liberal in disguise. He's just a panderer and flip-flopper as well. I'm glad that I live in CA, so my vote really doesn't matter that much, considering how Democratic it is.

I'm not trying to start any debate or conflict here, but this is just how I feel and think. I don't mind debate, but I don't want to cause animosity of any sort because this is a mostly fun and lighthearted forum.

My first election was in 2000, a few months after I turned 18... I voted for Ralph Nader, and then was introduced to all that havoc.. The state in question was Florida, governor was his brother, Jeb! Then when it went to Supreme Court, a majority of the justices who voted for Bush were appointed by George H.W. Bush, his father...

True tragedy.

I never discuss religion & politics.