Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Joe Walsh @ Mud Island Amphitheatre - Memphis, TN - August 13, 2016

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

Default Re: Joe Walsh @ Mud Island Amphitheatre - Memphis, TN - August 13, 2016

Congrats Shun and Soda!!!
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Congrats Soda and Shun!! They sound like great seats
    "The more I know, the less I understand...."

Don't crack up, bend your brain, see both sides, throw off your mental chains"

Border Troubadour

Congrats ladies! I'm delighted for you Shun
    ...Well it sure makes you wonder the things that some people will say. They can see black and white but they don't seem to notice the grey...

Border Desperado longtimeeaglesfan's Avatar

Looking forward to it! I almost bought tickets to see him in Nashville with Bad Company but the timing wasn't great and then I got the notice he would be here in Memphis!!!

It happens to be on my girlfriend's birthday so went with the front row VIP package!

Does anyone know if Joe will autograph during the meet and greet?

Soda and I will be there in August. I'm looking forward to see Joe.

I don't know if Joe is autographing stuff. Soda saw him and she probably knows the answer to that.
    Last edited by shunlvswx; 06-07-2016 at 03:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    It's a great seat, shun. We'll have a blast!

There are still a good number of VIP seats left. I think Memphians are a little more reluctant to spend the extra money on a ticket than in other towns. Maybe that's why the rock stars skip over the city so much!
    I was looking at what tickets were left. They had a lot of tickets left especially in the back. It wasn't even half sold, but I know section B and D were almost sold. The very side sections had plenty of tickets. Section C just had only the VIP packet left, but it was almost completely sold.

I'm glad you told me about that seat in the center. I think I saw that pop up, but I didn't know that a center section seat. My phone wouldn't let me pick any seats so I had to have them find me a better seat.

Quote Originally Posted by longtimeeaglesfan View Post
    Looking forward to it! I almost bought tickets to see him in Nashville with Bad Company but the timing wasn't great and then I got the notice he would be here in Memphis!!!

It happens to be on my girlfriend's birthday so went with the front row VIP package!

Does anyone know if Joe will autograph during the meet and greet?
    So glad you're coming! As for the autographs - you'll be provided with a CD that's already been autographed. There is no personalization allowed, nor will he sign anything you have brought.

They claim it's to speed up the process so he can spend more time with fans, but since each couple got about 30 seconds with him (20 of which are spent posing for your photo, as there is no interaction with Joe outside of what you manage to say during the photo op), I think it's more about speeding up the process so he can leave sooner.

Still love Joe!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Border Desperado longtimeeaglesfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    So glad you're coming! As for the autographs - you'll be provided with a CD that's already been autographed. There is no personalization allowed, nor will he sign anything you have brought.

They claim it's to speed up the process so he can spend more time with fans, but since each couple got about 30 seconds with him (20 of which are spent posing for your photo, as there is no interaction with Joe outside of what you manage to say during the photo op), I think it's more about speeding up the process so he can leave sooner.

Still love Joe!
    Thanks! It still should be awesome! I have not been to Mud Island Amphitheatre before. Hope that "Turn to Stone" is still is in his set list. I love to watch the 1976 videos of him in Houston and Seattle playing that song with Felder!!

I'm with you - "Turn to Stone" is BRILLIANT. It's my favorite Joe solo song, alongside "Help Me Thru the Night" which I find very moving.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

I have a feeling Turn To Stone will probably be in the setlist for his next tour. I was looking at his setlist from last year and he had Turn To Stone in there. So unless he decides to add or take out some songs, it should be in there.