Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Santa Monica Mountains, CA 05/22/16

Default Santa Monica Mountains, CA 05/22/16

Back from the show - or, as Tim called it, the "showette."

It took place in the lovely Santa Monica Mountains - the King Gillette Ranch which is part of the national park recreational area. Indeed, the fundraiser was for that very park.

We saw Tim and Jean before the show. They were honoring a congressman and there were several speeches, a couple of which went on longer than was planned, but we still got our share of Timothy. Chris Farmer and Hank Linderman were a part of the band, and Donna De Lory both opened and provided backing vocals. He played:

Keep on Tryin'
    One More Mile
    Friday Night
    I Can't Tell You Why
    Good Day

Short but sweet. They wanted to get done before sunset, and they did. You could tell he was a bit rusty, but the show was good. He did mention the Eagles, calling them "the band he was in" - past tense - snd talked about how much they loved ICTYW, but otherwise didn't speak of them.

Afterwards, we got to meet Timothy! He was standing off to the side and I approached him with my CD and politely asked him to autograph it, which he did. He was very sweet. I couldn't work up the nerve to ask him for a photograph, but the autograph will work just fine! Dreamer and HB weren't with me, so I told him to wait for my two friends who were also big fans. He was kind enough to do so.

Dreamer found out from him that he was almost finished with another album, and HB got him to say that he hoped to mount a large tour which included the South soon! We're all hoping!

Overall, despite how short the show was, it was very special. I grabbed a copy of the setlist but the real treasure was meeting Timothy and getting his autograph. Good times!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Default Re: Santa Monica Mountains, CA 05/22/16

Omg, I'm so glad to read all of this. I'm happy for all of you that you got to meet Timothy- what a thrill! And a personal confirmation on the new album and talk of a tour!

Thank you so much for describing the evening's festivities, Soda. He played some terrific songs!

I'm going to try to sleep, now, if I can! Sigh....

It's all in your smile that brings
    All of the special things about you

So glad you girls had a wonderful time..and got to meet Timothy...

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

I'm so delighted that you had such a brilliant time, and what wonderful news from Timothy about his upcoming album and his mini tour. Sounds like an idyllic setting too! Well done!!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Yay! Good going!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Back from the show - or, as Tim called it, the "showette."

It took place in the lovely Santa Monica Mountains - the King Gillette Ranch which is part of the national park recreational area. Indeed, the fundraiser was for that very park.

We saw Tim and Jean before the show. They were honoring a congressman and there were several speeches, a couple of which went on longer than was planned, but we still got our share of Timothy. Chris Farmer and Hank Linderman were a part of the band, and Donna De Lory both opened and provided backing vocals. He played:

Keep on Tryin'
    One More Mile
    Friday Night
    I Can't Tell You Why
    Good Day

Short but sweet. They wanted to get done before sunset, and they did. You could tell he was a bit rusty, but the show was good. He did mention the Eagles, calling them "the band he was in" - past tense - snd talked about how much they loved ICTYW, but otherwise didn't speak of them.

Afterwards, we got to meet Timothy! He was standing off to the side and I approached him with my CD and politely asked him to autograph it, which he did. He was very sweet. I couldn't work up the nerve to ask him for a photograph, but the autograph will work just fine! Dreamer and HB weren't with me, so I told him to wait for my two friends who were also big fans. He was kind enough to do so.

Dreamer found out from him that he was almost finished with another album, and HB got him to say that he hoped to mount a large tour which included the South soon! We're all hoping!

Overall, despite how short the show was, it was very special. I grabbed a copy of the setlist but the real treasure was meeting Timothy and getting his autograph. Good times!
    If Timothy comes to Memphis. Heck if he came to Mississippi(which I doubt it, I will be there.

I'm glad you guys had fun. Too bad Don hasn't started his tour yet. It would had seen all three.

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

That's so great you all got to meet Timothy!!! It sounds like it was wonderful and I'm excited about his hopeful new tour too as well as the new album!!!
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

I knew she would meet him, she's lucky that way.

Soda, about how tall is Timothy? Sorry if that's a weird question, I'm always curious (in both senses of the word!).

NMB, Tim is 5'10" at most, I think - maybe a little less.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

I bet Timothy was a sweetheart.