Back from the show - or, as Tim called it, the "showette."

It took place in the lovely Santa Monica Mountains - the King Gillette Ranch which is part of the national park recreational area. Indeed, the fundraiser was for that very park.

We saw Tim and Jean before the show. They were honoring a congressman and there were several speeches, a couple of which went on longer than was planned, but we still got our share of Timothy. Chris Farmer and Hank Linderman were a part of the band, and Donna De Lory both opened and provided backing vocals. He played:

Keep on Tryin'
One More Mile
Friday Night
I Can't Tell You Why
Good Day

Short but sweet. They wanted to get done before sunset, and they did. You could tell he was a bit rusty, but the show was good. He did mention the Eagles, calling them "the band he was in" - past tense - snd talked about how much they loved ICTYW, but otherwise didn't speak of them.

Afterwards, we got to meet Timothy! He was standing off to the side and I approached him with my CD and politely asked him to autograph it, which he did. He was very sweet. I couldn't work up the nerve to ask him for a photograph, but the autograph will work just fine! Dreamer and HB weren't with me, so I told him to wait for my two friends who were also big fans. He was kind enough to do so.

Dreamer found out from him that he was almost finished with another album, and HB got him to say that he hoped to mount a large tour which included the South soon! We're all hoping!

Overall, despite how short the show was, it was very special. I grabbed a copy of the setlist but the real treasure was meeting Timothy and getting his autograph. Good times!