Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Santa Monica Mountains, CA 05/22/16

Default Re: Santa Monica Mountains, CA 05/22/16

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini View Post
    This is so exciting! A Timothy encounter is rare for sure and I'm so glad you shared details! (and got first hand confirmation of new music coming!) If you're willing to answer a few questions ...
    Did he wear something you had seen him wear before ... familiar flannel or vest?
    Was there a raised stage?
    Was it a milling around thing or was there seating?

Hey LuvTim ... they did it and they didn't touch his hair or faint! Maybe there's hope for us someday too!
    I think the clothing question got answered but there was a tiny slightly raised stage. I'll upload the three photos I took when I get access to a better computer - I'm working from my phone now.

There were long tables where people could eat and about three short rows of chairs in front of the stage. Weirdly, most people wanted to sit at the tables. We walked right up to the first row and it never completely filled! Many of these conservationists don't know what a privilege it is to have Timothy B. Schmit perform at one's event, obviously!

There was a lot of milling about before and after. Tim only came out briefly before the show to Jean who was at one of the tables. I guess Ben was with her but I'm embarrassed to admit I don't know what Ben looks like nowadays. If I saw him, I didn't recognize him.

After the show Tim hung around for about 15 minutes or so chatting before he left - thank goodness! That's when I got him.

If I had gotten a photo with him, it would have completed the "final four" as I have photos with Glenn, Don, and Joe. However, his autograph is still very very special and I don't have to worry about looking fat.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Thanks, Soda! Especially for doing this from your phone. Funny about the front row. Wonder what those folks would think if they knew how close I came to flying out from Florida for that "showette"! Safe travels.

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

There are some lovely photos on the Eagles Fastlane FB page in case ya'll didn't see them

I would definitely be tempted to touch his hair.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

NMB.....you silly girl!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

I saw pictures from the event. Timothy looks great. Its just good to see him since February. I'm glad all the guys are keeping busy.

Did they not know who he is? Shame on them for not taking the front row, but it worked in you guys advantage.

I'm looking forward to Timothy's new album and possible tour.

Well, I guess everybody here knows that I would definitely have been in the front row. Lol...
    I went to look at the facebook photos, and they were great to see. 💖
    And, hey, didn't Hank look good?
    Thanks in advance for any photos that get posted here. Can't wait to see them!

It's all in your smile that brings
    All of the special things about you

Setlist, photos, and autograph!

Awww, so wonderful...

Thank you for sharing these.

It's all in your smile that brings
    All of the special things about you

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

So cool, Soda! Thank you! What a beautiful setting for TBS music! You were just right there in front of him - so funny. It's such a drastic difference from when he's with the Eagles, with all of the security etc...he really switches between Eagles mode and Timothy mode.

What did you think of Donna DeLory?

You would have noticed Ben because he was probably the only one there with face, neck and hand tattoos Well, it's LA, who knows, maybe there were a lot of people with those.

Donna DeLory only got to sing a couple songs because the speeches went on longer than planned, but I liked what I heard. She also sounded great with Timothy. I chatted with her a bit; she seemed nice.

I hate to think that I am so unobservant that I missed a guy covered in tattoos (although it's not beyond the realm of possibility). Dreamer? HB? Do you remember seeing him? Maybe he wasn't out there the whole time... or maybe I'm just clueless!