Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Santa Monica Mountains, CA 05/22/16

Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar

Default Re: Santa Monica Mountains, CA 05/22/16

I'm sorry to say that I didn't notice Ben either. I was too excited waiting for Timothy. Heck I didn't notice Jean until Dreamer pointed her out to me. And once Timothy came out I didn't take my eyes off him!

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Great pictures! Another cool Eagle sighting/meeting for you guys! Thanks for sharing your experiences!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

I was thrilled about my first opportunity to meet and speak to Timothy. Even though I had gone to a couple of shows on his Expando tour, I was never able to talk to him. I had talked to some of the band members at those shows, including Hank. Before the show last Sunday, I was sitting in the front row holding our seats and Hank was standing right in front of me. However, there was a constant flow of people coming up talking to him, so I never got a chance to say 'hello' to him. From the conversations he was having, I got the impression that he may be involved with the Santa Monica Mountains organization, but that's only a guess on my part. I also spotted the setlist taped to the stage, but I was too embarrassed to go up and get a sneak peak.

After Soda or HB returned to protect our seats, I went over to look at the donations that were in the silent auction. I figured Tim may have donated something, but I didn't spot anything. While I was over there, I spotted Jean walking by. She went over and sat at a table by herself, but within a couple minutes, there were some other folks that joined her, none of whom I recognized. I don't think I've seen a picture of Ben within the last five years or so, so I'm not surprised that I didn't recognize him. When I returned to my seat, I pointed Jean out to HB. She then went over and checked out the silent auction and spotted a signed Eagles Farewell I tour book that I had totally missed - talk about being off your game! WOW! In any event, some guy wanted it pretty badly cause he actually bid $50 more than the 'buy it now' price. At one point, I saw Timothy come out briefly before the program started and say a few words to Jean. I pointed him out to Soda, but HB wasn't around at the time.

As Soda mentioned, they were running behind because of some long-winded speakers, so Donna only sang two songs. I have to say I was impressed by her lovely voice, but if anything had to be cut, I'm sure glad it wasn't Timothy's set. She also joined Timothy for back up harmonies on Friday Night, which I was glad about. I was thrilled that Soda spotted Timothy and we got a few moments with him after the show. I thanked him profusely for the autograph and asked him how the new album was coming along. His exact words: "It's almost done." As I parted, I actually reached out and gave him a big hug, which he was sweet enough to reciprocate! And now, a picture of my treasured memento from the evening ...

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

You guys rock!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Dreamer, congrats on your hug from Timothy and the autograph! Thanks for filling us in!

And I'll second pm's "you guys rock"!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Thanks so much to all three of you for sharing your experiences and your pictures from the "showette"! A hug ... OMG! Dreamer ... I can't believe you didn't want to sneak a peak at the set list and ended up with that hug!

I think Timothy could tell Dreamer (and the rest of us) were the real deal. We rocked out to everything, including the Expando tunes! Timothy even said something to that effect when I presented him with my Expando CD to sign. He said something like "I can tell you're a big fan if you own this. Not many people do."

He also asked me how to spell Nancy because the first Nancy he knew, he said, spelled it "N-A-N-C-E-Y."

(I'm just putting that factoid here so I don't forget it in years to come lol)

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

I'm so glad you three had that experience & actually got to meet Timothy!

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

And you got to hug Timothy - sweet!

Nancy, he was looking right at you in the second pic

Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar

I forgot to post my experience meeting Timothy at the Santa Monica Mountains Fund event in May. I am glad I wrote it down that night though I still remember it well. What a wonderful time especially since it was a small crowd & we got to sit on the front row right in front of the stage. Soda posted about the event so I am just concentrating on my Timothy meeting.

The showette has ended and I am still sitting on the front row watching our purchases and purses when Soda races up & shows me her signed CD & says Timothy is still back there & she told him that she has 2 friends that would like their CDs signed. So I grab the Sharpie & my “Expando” cd & Kay’s cd as she is still gone & take off. I get to where Timothy is standing & there are 2 rows of people in a semi-circle around him. I stand in the back looking thru the people & am praying that he doesn’t leave before I get to him. I am not standing there 5 seconds before he looks my way & motions me to come around. I freeze staring at him & he smiles that brilliant smile of his, nods his head at me & motions again to come around. I follow his motion & walk around to his right side. People around him are talking & asking questions & Timothy turns to me & leans down (I’m short) & says “Hi”. I politely & excitedly tell him that I have his cd & would he please sign it. “Of course” he says as he takes the cd. Then he smiles & tells me that “we need to get the cover out, it works better that way”. He is kinda laughing as he says it works better. Oh gosh, I was SO embarrassed as he takes the cover out. However it is not a mean “making fun of me” laugh, it is a sweet, caring chuckle. I ask if he can sign it to Debbie & he says “sure, is it bbie” and I say yes. I hand him the next cd & ask him to sign it to Kay, no e as he hands back my cover. He tells me “to be careful, it needs to dry, try not to touch it yet”. While he is signing Kay’s, I ask him if he plans to come to Texas anytime soon that I sure would love to see him in Houston. He tells me “yes, I plan to when my new album comes out, should be soon”. I thanked him profusely & he thanked me for coming out.
    He was so sweet & patient especially when I was not prepared. And I have to admit I felt special since he stopped talking to the other people and concentrated on me for those couple of minutes. What a sweetheart!