Default Re: Santa Monica Mountains, CA 05/22/16

That's wonderful, HB! So happy for you.

Such a cool experience!

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Baby View Post
    I forgot to post my experience meeting Timothy at the Santa Monica Mountains Fund event in May. I am glad I wrote it down that night though I still remember it well. What a wonderful time especially since it was a small crowd & we got to sit on the front row right in front of the stage. Soda posted about the event so I am just concentrating on my Timothy meeting.

The showette has ended and I am still sitting on the front row watching our purchases and purses when Soda races up & shows me her signed CD & says Timothy is still back there & she told him that she has 2 friends that would like their CDs signed. So I grab the Sharpie & my “Expando” cd & Kay’s cd as she is still gone & take off. I get to where Timothy is standing & there are 2 rows of people in a semi-circle around him. I stand in the back looking thru the people & am praying that he doesn’t leave before I get to him. I am not standing there 5 seconds before he looks my way & motions me to come around. I freeze staring at him & he smiles that brilliant smile of his, nods his head at me & motions again to come around. I follow his motion & walk around to his right side. People around him are talking & asking questions & Timothy turns to me & leans down (I’m short) & says “Hi”. I politely & excitedly tell him that I have his cd & would he please sign it. “Of course” he says as he takes the cd. Then he smiles & tells me that “we need to get the cover out, it works better that way”. He is kinda laughing as he says it works better. Oh gosh, I was SO embarrassed as he takes the cover out. However it is not a mean “making fun of me” laugh, it is a sweet, caring chuckle. I ask if he can sign it to Debbie & he says “sure, is it bbie” and I say yes. I hand him the next cd & ask him to sign it to Kay, no e as he hands back my cover. He tells me “to be careful, it needs to dry, try not to touch it yet”. While he is signing Kay’s, I ask him if he plans to come to Texas anytime soon that I sure would love to see him in Houston. He tells me “yes, I plan to when my new album comes out, should be soon”. I thanked him profusely & he thanked me for coming out.
    He was so sweet & patient especially when I was not prepared. And I have to admit I felt special since he stopped talking to the other people and concentrated on me for those couple of minutes. What a sweetheart!
    And this is one girl that is very grateful to you and Soda for having my back. I am so thankful I got back in time to go over and thank him just as he was leaving. He is, indeed, a sweetheart!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar

Soda & I will always have your back Dreamer! Besides, you had the car keys & was our ride back to Laurel Canyon!

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

Wow, HB, thanks for coming back to post!!! That's so awesome!! He could tell you were a real fan!! (I'm sure all of those others are too, though )

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

HB, that's just awesome! So happy for you! And that Timothy is just a sweetie!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

HB, I think I have recovered enough from my overt jealousy to offer my congratulations on such a lovely and intimate encounter with my soul mate.

It's all in your smile that brings
    All of the special things about you

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

HB that is so awesome and Timothy is so sweet!!!
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar

He was just so darn sweet to me! I will never forget the short conversation & his beautiful smile & chuckle. Timothy truly has a gentle soul.

I am hoping he will do a meet & greet on his tour & everyone could experience his kindness. That would be wonderful!

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

That is so lovely, Houston Baby! The people who were surrounding Tim when you went over, were they like friends of his, is that why he beckoned you closer? I hope my question makes sense.

Also, I'm jealous that you guys stayed in Laurel Canyon