Thread: Glenn's work with other artists

Stuck on the Border

Default Glenn's work with other artists

I've been listening to "One Planet, One Groove" by Max Carl and Big Dance. Glenn's fingerprints are all over it as is obvious from the credits. It was mostly recorded and mixed at his Snowmass studio, he had quite a few co-writes, is a co-producer and played and provided background vocals. He also owned the record label along with his manager, Peter Lopez.

When talking about Glenn for a Rolling Stone podcast, Cameron Crowe said that Glenn offered him a song called Show Me the Money during the filming of Jerry McGuire. It turns up on this album, with Glenn singing co-lead vocals. It's Glenn being cynical, along the lines of Big Life. Maybe not a masterpiece, but I like hearing Glenn weaving in and out with Max.

My favourite is I Qualify which is sultry R&B with saxophone and lyrics which are I Volunteer by The Allnighter.

Does anyone have any thoughts or recommendations of hwat to listen to next?
    Last edited by UndertheWire; 05-23-2016 at 04:29 PM.

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Glenn's work with other artists

Sadly there is not a lot. Working with other artists wasn't his thing any more than hanging out with them was.

I recommend the Randy Newman albums on which he appears, especially Little Criminals, where he features on the following songs:

Little Criminals
    Short People
    Baltimore
    Rider In The Rain

I recommend his backing vocal on Shame On The Moon from Bob Seger's The Distance (although most will tell you to go for Against The Wind).

Here is our ancient topic about his guest appearances:

https://eaglesonlinecentral.com/foru...read.php?t=154

You can see for yourself how sadly limited it is.

Little River Band

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by MortSahlFan View Post
    Little River Band
    I saw him on stage with them but according to the old thread the only album he appears on with them was Reminiscing. From what I can work out this is an LRB compilation which includes their collaboration on Lyin Eyes'/Take It Easy.

http://www.glennfreyonline.com/solo/...eminiscing.htm

I can't get the guest appearances link to copy properly.