Page 56 of 56 FirstFirst ... 6465253545556

Thread: Little things that remind you of the Eagles

Default Re: Little things that remind you of the Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by NYC Fan View Post
    Seems as if so many times I’m reminded of Glenn these days.

Last night I went to see Almost Famous on Broadway. Really enjoyed it, and it’s a shame that it’s closing so soon. I thought the critics were unfair to it.

Anyway, we all know the Russell character was at least partially based on Glenn. But when he came on stage, he was wearing a black satin jacket that looked exactly like the ones they used to have with the E on it. Underneath was a U of M t-shirt. He then said they were from a small town in Michigan 😁. And then later on, he had the Chuck Berry shirt on that Glenn wore in those plane pictures that Henry Diltz took. Only difference was that there was black piping around the sleeves. Also a sweatband on his right wrist, and a necklace that looked a lot like the Eagles ones they used to wear. I am positive Cameron Crowe had to have had some input into wardrobe, since he was quite involved in the musical.

It made me laugh that I was pretty sure no one else was picking up on Russell’s clothing choices, but I’m sure it was deliberate. Miss you, Glenn ❤️❤️

Jimmy Fallon was there, and they pulled him up on stage for the curtain call, which was fun…
    Those wardrobe choices could not have been incidental! I didn't know/remember that they were making a play based on Almost Famous. Sorry it didn't work out.
    I was thinking of Glenn recently, and reread some of the threads on this forum, such as "Memorable Glenn sayings/lines. Made me smile.
    "Be part of something good--
    Leave something good behind."

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Good to hear from you, NYC Fan. I'm sure those costumes were no accident either. What would have sealed the deal is if Russell had worn a 'Ford' tee shirt like Glenn. BTW - I wasn't aware of the Almost Famous Broadway show either. Too bad it didn't have a 'long run'.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Man, I wish I could have seen that Broadway adaptation with the "Glenn"-esque attire! Count me among those who were unaware it had been adapted into a musical. Great movie.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Man, I wish I could have seen that Broadway adaptation with the "Glenn"-esque attire! Count me among those who were unaware it had been adapted into a musical. Great movie.
    Yeah, it has not been on Broadway for too long. Just a couple of months I think. It's a shame it is closing but quite a few shows have announced closings. Apparently they are not making enough money to keep them going.
    Count me as one who thinks those clothes choices were not a mistake. Cameron had to have some kind of say in the clothes worn for the show. Very cool for you NYC Fan !

No longer in Southern California.We're now in Northen New York, the St. Lawrence Valley. :)

We drive by this store every tine we go down Route 37 to Watertown or Palmyra. It's in a little village called Redwood, New York.
    feldersstore.jpg

You haven't stopped? Lol. I bet they get asked regularly if they're related! Felder isn't so common of a name.
    "Be part of something good--
    Leave something good behind."