Page 55 of 56 FirstFirst ... 545515253545556 LastLast

Thread: Little things that remind you of the Eagles

Default Re: Little things that remind you of the Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    Probably not, Elle. I think security for the Eagles was pretty tight even back then. I guess that's why they had 3E parties after their shows.
    That's what I thought. It just made me chuckle a bit, thinking about music stars and the fan girls that go crazy over them. Man, If only I had a time machine and the ability to be a fly on the wall for those 3E parties.

Quote Originally Posted by Elle81 View Post
    Today I worked security at a Mexican rodeo and concert. I was in charge of guarding this tiny alcove leading to the backstage area where the musicians had their tour buses. It was going pretty normal until the end of the night when a mass of people swarmed the alcove and had me pinned against a wall for what seemed like forever. The crowd consisted of mostly women, and they would go berserk whenever a band member appeared. One girl told me that she simply had to get backstage because the lead singer "was her husband" It had me laughing because I wondered if this is what the backstage area looked like at an Eagles concert in the 1970s.

funny Elle....ahhhhh 3E

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Quote Originally Posted by Elle81 View Post
    That's what I thought. It just made me chuckle a bit, thinking about music stars and the fan girls that go crazy over them. Man, If only I had a time machine and the ability to be a fly on the wall for those 3E parties.
    As we often say, "Be careful what you ask for".

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    As we often say, "Be careful what you ask for".

No longer in Southern California.We're now in Northen New York, the St. Lawrence Valley. :)

I was watching a Hallmark Christmas movie last night, " A Gift to Remember", and one of the characters' name is "Mrs. Henley".

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Did Sharon make her acting debut? lol

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Funny MJ, Dreamer.

I also listen to a metal band In This Moment. Lead singer Maria Brink came out with a new line of merch called Witchy Woman. This is a pic of the dress in the collection. They've done some cool covers before......I am wondering if it's a possibility they may do "Witchy Woman" !?!

Saw a new country artist on TV singing, and was surprised to hear the opening verse reference the Eagles. https://crownlyric.com/2021/09/28/ja...ng-one-lyrics/
    "Be part of something good--
    Leave something good behind."

Back in June I was working the front doors of the Maverik Center sports arena in West Valley City, which is a suburb of Salt Lake. We were having high school graduations and I was at a door doing crowd control. When this kid about 12 years old walks in wearing a Eagles: Hotel California 2022 tour tee on. My eyes popped out of my head and I told him I loved the t-shirt and asked if he went to the show the other night. He enthusiastically said "yes! that's where I got this shirt!" I tried very hard to control myself but I did squeal a little bit. I asked how it was and the boy said "it was so so good, they sounded amazing"
    Love it when the next generation is into the same music as me. It just reminds me how much music connects us all.

Seems as if so many times I’m reminded of Glenn these days.

Last night I went to see Almost Famous on Broadway. Really enjoyed it, and it’s a shame that it’s closing so soon. I thought the critics were unfair to it.

Anyway, we all know the Russell character was at least partially based on Glenn. But when he came on stage, he was wearing a black satin jacket that looked exactly like the ones they used to have with the E on it. Underneath was a U of M t-shirt. He then said they were from a small town in Michigan 😁. And then later on, he had the Chuck Berry shirt on that Glenn wore in those plane pictures that Henry Diltz took. Only difference was that there was black piping around the sleeves. Also a sweatband on his right wrist, and a necklace that looked a lot like the Eagles ones they used to wear. I am positive Cameron Crowe had to have had some input into wardrobe, since he was quite involved in the musical.

It made me laugh that I was pretty sure no one else was picking up on Russell’s clothing choices, but I’m sure it was deliberate. Miss you, Glenn ❤️❤️

Jimmy Fallon was there, and they pulled him up on stage for the curtain call, which was fun…