Page 49 of 56 FirstFirst ... 39454647484950515253 ... LastLast

Thread: Little things that remind you of the Eagles

Default Re: Little things that remind you of the Eagles

Last night (early morn) MeTV was showing a 1978 episode of Barnaby Jones titled "Victim of Love".
    "Be part of something good--
    Leave something good behind."

Omg that’s too cute!

No longer in Southern California.We're now in Northen New York, the St. Lawrence Valley. :)

I play the online game "Wordscapes", You know, the game where you are given letters and make words in a crossword puzzle?
    Anyway, yesterday two of the words I found were "Those" and "Shoes"!
    Whatcha gonna do tonight, Mama

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Very cool, MJ. It's amazing how many different ways we are reminded of this band, isn't it?

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Absolutely! Although not necessarily a reminder but a cute story. We were watching tv and a show was being filmed in Philly and they mentioned “Home of the Eagles” and my son jumped up and said “mommy they talking about the Eagles!” My reply “ya not the right ones honey”

No longer in Southern California.We're now in Northen New York, the St. Lawrence Valley. :)

I was just scrolling through my Facebook and an ad for Old Navy had the caption "Take it Easy in these" It was an ad for cool linen pants. I was gonna buy a pair but they were out of my size.

Quote Originally Posted by MarthaJo56 View Post
    I was just scrolling through my Facebook and an ad for Old Navy had the caption "Take it Easy in these" It was an ad for cool linen pants. I was gonna buy a pair but they were out of my size.
    Probably safe with that one. Duluth Trading Company learned a lesson with their "Don a Henley and take it easy" campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by CAinOH View Post
    Probably safe with that one. Duluth Trading Company learned a lesson with their "Don a Henley and take it easy" campaign.

I never heard that one! Probably short lived?
    Reminds me of when I worked at Disneyland.in Entertainment Costuming. My friend Omar used to help me preset the costumes . The Street Car Newsboys in Disney California Adventure wore henleys . Everytime we'd come to one, Omar would sing "Dirty Laundry"

Quote Originally Posted by MarthaJo56 View Post

I never heard that one! Probably short lived?
    Reminds me of when I worked at Disneyland.in Entertainment Costuming. My friend Omar used to help me preset the costumes . The Street Car Newsboys in Disney California Adventure wore henleys . Everytime we'd come to one, Omar would sing "Dirty Laundry"

That's funny!

Here's a link to the resolution of the kerfluffle:
    https://www.abajournal.com/news/arti...ake_it_easy_ad

An outdoor clothing retailer known for its irreverent approach has apologized to Eagles singer Don Henley and made a charitable donation to resolve a California lawsuit over its use of his name for an upscale T-shirt.

An advertisement featuring the slogan “Don a Henley and Take It Easy,” riffing on the title of an early hit by the band, “was inappropriate,” says Duluth Trading Co. on its website. “For that we are deeply regretful and we apologize, not just to Mr. Henley, but to anyone else who took offense. We have learned a valuable lesson and thank Mr. Henley for helping us appreciate the importance that he and other artists place in their publicity rights.”

Henley has tradmarked his name and routinely refuses to allow his persona or music to be used for commercial purposes, reports the Minneapolis Star Tribune.

Scribd provides a copy of the complaint, which was filed last year by Loeb & Loeb on Henley’s behalf against the Wisconsin-based clothier in U.S. District Court for the Central District of California. Exhibits include an image of the offending ad for the shirt.

It isn’t known how much Duluth Trading Co donated to Walden Woods Project to settle the suit. The settlement also includes an agreed permanent injunction that bars the company from using Henley’s name, the Hollywood Reporter notes.

Quote Originally Posted by CAinOH View Post
    That's funny!

Here's a link to the resolution of the kerfluffle:
    https://www.abajournal.com/news/arti...ake_it_easy_ad
    Coinkidinkaly, just the second after I replied to your post, "Dirty Laundry" came on the radio station I was listening to!! Seriously! Weird or what???