Page 54 of 56 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556 LastLast

Thread: Little things that remind you of the Eagles

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Little things that remind you of the Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by FreyFollower View Post
    Of course you are right, Dreamer. The singer's name is Ian Anderson. I remember Glenn on the Dan Patrick show reflecting on Ian's antics..
    "Leaping Leotard" according to Glenn in the Dan Patrick interview.

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

In one of my music-related Facebook groups, a member made a post asking others to describe 2020 using song lyrics. The first comment was "you can check out any time you like, but you can never leave." Very appropriate .
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Quote Originally Posted by AlreadyGone95 View Post
    In one of my music-related Facebook groups, a member made a post asking others to describe 2020 using song lyrics. The first comment was "you can check out any time you like, but you can never leave." Very appropriate .
    That is so painfully true! I was this was Facebook, 'cause then I share the hell out of it!

Last night, I saw one of those "if you or a loved one used xyz and were later diagnosed with xyz" commercials, and the person who was doing the advertisement had the last name Walsh.
    -Kim-

Quote Originally Posted by AlreadyGone95 View Post
    Oh man, let's hope it's not THAT appropriate! I want to leave the bad stuff behind ASAP!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Oh man, let's hope it's not THAT appropriate! I want to leave the bad stuff behind ASAP!
    I took it to mean that 2020 has dragged on for so long, so people can't wait for it to leave it behind. I don't think Covid-19 will ever leave (probably be like the flu), so that also could work. We can "check out" (with a vaccine), but we can never leave (eradicate it). Maybe, I'm reading to much into this joke, though.
    -Kim-

A little thing that reminds me of the Eagles is the fact that the strap on my guitar is roughly the same shade of tan that was used on the cover of HFO. Wasn't chosen on purpose for the color, the strap was a birthday present from my grandparents after I got into playing guitar as a teen. It just happened to be that shade of tan. It's still on the guitar.

Also, a little story I've told several times, and I remember it when I look back on my high school years: I had a science teacher who worked security for both the dates they were in Charlotte, NC back in I think '96. I was in 10th grade, and would have given just about anything to go to one of those shows. Didn't get to go. He rubbed it in my face the rest of the year that not only did he go to both, he got paid to do it!

While I was at Walmart the other day, I saw a pj top that simply said "Take It Easy". Hopefully going to buy that when I get paid.

And earlier today I saw a guy wearing a Dallas Cowboy jacket on the metro train. It was strange to see that particular team on this random guy's jacket, as I was en route to return the Don Henley cd to the library. *cue The Twilight Zone music*

Today I worked security at a Mexican rodeo and concert. I was in charge of guarding this tiny alcove leading to the backstage area where the musicians had their tour buses. It was going pretty normal until the end of the night when a mass of people swarmed the alcove and had me pinned against a wall for what seemed like forever. The crowd consisted of mostly women, and they would go berserk whenever a band member appeared. One girl told me that she simply had to get backstage because the lead singer "was her husband" It had me laughing because I wondered if this is what the backstage area looked like at an Eagles concert in the 1970s.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Probably not, Elle. I think security for the Eagles was pretty tight even back then. I guess that's why they had 3E parties after their shows.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016