Page 13 of 56 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Thread: Little things that remind you of the Eagles

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Default Re: Little things that remind you of the Eagles

bf, glad you enjoyed yourself at the Kacey Musgraves show! I really like her song Merry Go Round.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

That is a fantastic song and she did it acoustic at the show.

This is going to sound weird but last night's episode of "Gotham" reminded me of how Glenn's last name has been pronounced differently before. "Gotham" is a Batman prequel show so we're getting to see Bruce Wanye's and the villains' origin stories (I'm a huge 2nd gen Batman fan). Last night they started their story of how Mr. Freeze will come about and it's sticking very closely to the comics' sympathetic & sad storyline about him trying to save his dying wife. Just they are actually pronouncing Victor's last name right finally. It's Fries and pronounced like Frey but plural. In the other adaptations they said it like Freeze, thus the nickname and how the show wrote in people mispronouncing it. I didn't know that's how Victor's last name was said and it reminded me of how I've heard people say Glenn's last name at least three different ways. LOL
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by buffyfan145 View Post
    That is a fantastic song and she did it acoustic at the show.

This is going to sound weird but last night's episode of "Gotham" reminded me of how Glenn's last name has been pronounced differently before. "Gotham" is a Batman prequel show so we're getting to see Bruce Wanye's and the villains' origin stories (I'm a huge 2nd gen Batman fan). Last night they started their story of how Mr. Freeze will come about and it's sticking very closely to the comics' sympathetic & sad storyline about him trying to save his dying wife. Just they are actually pronouncing Victor's last name right finally. It's Fries and pronounced like Frey but plural. In the other adaptations they said it like Freeze, thus the nickname and how the show wrote in people mispronouncing it. I didn't know that's how Victor's last name was said and it reminded me of how I've heard people say Glenn's last name at least three different ways. LOL
    Because it is presumably German & the e comes after the i I would think it should be pronounced Freeze.

That's what they normally did in the comics & films/shows but for some reason this show's writers changed it to sound like "fries" normally (like in talking about food). I saw some theories it might be to distance their version from the comic way the character was portrayed in the films and 60s show, as this one is very dark and serious as a Batman adaption. Plus, their Victor is American instead of from Germany so maybe they changed it for that too. It just totally surprised me as I never heard it that way and how it's similar to Glenn's name.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Stuck on the Border

I meant that the surname is of German origin, just as the surname Frey is.

Border Desperado SoaringRockyMountainWay's Avatar

In literature class today we read parts of Walden by Henry David Thoreau. The teacher was asking us a bunch of questions about Walden and I was the only one who knew anything about it since I know about Don Henley's involvement with it so the teacher gave me extra credit. I was like thank you Don!
    People talking about us they got nothing else to do. When it all comes down we will still come through in the long run.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Good for you, SRMW!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

I had posted earlier how "Once Upon a Time" was doing their Underworld arc and it seemed to be fitting the story I used to picture to "Hotel California" when I was a kid, and having watched last night's mid-season premiere it was spooky how similar it was. When I was around 11/12 I saw Disney's version of "Hercules" and having listened again to the song I started picturing the "master/madman" character to be Hades and the story of how people were trapped in Hell/the Underworld and trying to escape. That's the main theme of this spring arc on the show to rescue those trapped there by Hades. Plus, the actor I would want to play Glenn, Colin O'Donoghue, plays Captain Hook/Killian Jones and he's the main one the main characters are trying to save and bring back to life, but the new part of the mission is to save the others Hades has trapped there by helping them "move on". Hades hates anyone leaving his world and has his 3 headed dog (the beast I pictured in the song). His chambers looks like how I pictured the character's in the song's and he was drinking a glass of wine too when we first saw him in the ep last night.

Plus, it was just so emotional with these dead characters coming back and saying final goodbyes and making amends. I cried multiple times last night not only thinking about Glenn but the family and friends I've lost these past 5 years. It's going to be such a great and emotional arc.
    ~*Amanda*~

Stuck on the Border

I was just paying a US supplier and saw their bank address was Providence, RI.

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

A category on Jeopardy last night was "Route 66".
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time