Page 14 of 56 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Thread: Little things that remind you of the Eagles

Default Re: Little things that remind you of the Eagles

Whenever I hear someone playing cards (most days), I hear them say queen of hearts and queen of diamonds, and it reminds me of Desperado. Also, people always seem to say "take it easy"!
    "We don't wear sequins because we think we're great. We wear them because we think sequins are great."

Banned

kinda speaks for itself.....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-35749243

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

I keep noticing things in my shows but in last night's episode of "Legends of Tomorrow" the superhero characters time traveled to 1958 and one of the teenagers in the town was being referred to as "James Dean" and one of the cars kind of looked like Glenn's car Gladys, one of the main characters was talking about the other's undercover identity and called him "The New Kid in Town", and the town was being attacked by a bird like creatures. LOL I really think someone on Greg Berlanti's writing staff (or himself) is an Eagles fan as on his other show "The Flash" an episode a couple weeks ago was called "The Fast Lane".
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

I've checked out book from the library called Motown by Loren D. Estleman. It takes place in Detroit in 1966. (Needless to say who came to mind when I read the info about the book)
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Stuck on the Border

I'm watching "Bosch" and as he's in Hollywood Division, a lot of it takes place around Laurel Canyon, Echo Park etc. Even a suggestion of getting a booth at Dan Tana's. He lives in a house with a spectacular view, so of course I think of the "Million Dollar View". When they finally track down the bad guy, the house is built up a slope with a garage underneath and of course I was thinking of 1020 Laguna. I like seeing these places because it looks quite different to what I imagined from books.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

I always have the Today Show on in the morning when I'm getting ready for work and I heard Take It Easy playing while they were talking about something. I couldn't quite hear what they were saying so I rushed in thinking it could be something about the Eagles or Glenn. It wasn't! The song just fit, I guess!

ETA: I just remembered they were talking about their Eagle cam they have been watching where an Eagle is on a nest with eggs about to hatch! There's the reference!
    Last edited by Brooke; 03-18-2016 at 02:44 PM.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
    I always have the Today Show on in the morning when I'm getting ready for work and I heard Take It Easy playing while they were talking about something. I couldn't quite hear what they were saying so I rushed in thinking it could be something about the Eagles or Glenn. It wasn't! The song just fit, I guess!
    That's funny, Brooke - the exact same thing happened to me yesterday! Hubby watches Fox and Friends as he's eating breakfast. I had just gotten up and was making the bed when I heard TIE. I actually ran down the hall into the kitchen - just in time to see a commercial. They must have just been playing it as an outro.

ETA: Just read your ETA...cool!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

I saw the Eagle cam last night on NBC Nightly News.

A category on last night's Jeopardy was New Zealand. One of the answers was Christchurch.
    -Kim-

I'm reading a fictional account of the "Hanging Judge"*Issac Parker. About 3/5 of the way through the book, there's a brief mention of Bill Doolin.
    -Kim-

Just watched the last few minutes of a basketball playoff game, Notre Dame vs. Stephen F. Austin university. Notre Dame beat Don Henley's old college, 76-75.
    -Kim-