Page 15 of 56 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Thread: Little things that remind you of the Eagles

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

Default Re: Little things that remind you of the Eagles

Today at my family's Easter dinner (my Granny has always done it on Saturday) we were talking about bands and musicians performing at our local festivals and fairs this year and my Dad goes on to talk about the line up and my uncle blurts out "Is it the Eagles?". We all just looked at him in a way both laughing as he was joking but also a bit sad as that won't be possible anymore. Then we all talked about how we never got to see them or Glenn live. I know I wrote on here before but my entire family (except my Granny since she still won't listen to non-Christian music LOL) are Eagles fans, including my 9 year old, 16 year old, and early 20s cousins. Some of them did bring up about seeing the tribute band Hotel California a couple years back and how good they were, which I wasn't able to go to at the time but I'd like to see them too. I still just find it awesome how they are one group my whole family loves no matter our ages, and so many of my family are musically talented so if we ever do start our random singing/playing sessions their songs are played a lot.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

I thought of the Eagles, particularly Don, when I saw the video (meme) of Donald Trump being attacked by a bald eagle.

I also thought of Don a few minutes ago. The book I'm reading has a character in it that is in college, and is studying the work Henry David Thoreau.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

One of the many specific dates that Newton book mentions is November 6th.
    -Kim-

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

Today one of my friends I met through the San Francisco Giants fandom posted on FaceBook about pitcher Tim Lincecum, who used to play for them, and how he still hasn't signed with anyone for this coming season which starts in a few days. He's been a Giant his whole career so it's going to be so weird not seeing him with them and he was one of my favorite players. Well, someone else commented about how "it'll be weird not seeing Ol' 55 anymore". Timmy's number was 55 while he played for the Giants and I immediately thought of this song and Glenn, and Glenn's love for baseball. I also have his jersey with the number on the back and a bobblehead of him too in uniform with his long hair. I didn't even think of the connection till now.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Out on the Border

My yoga/meditation teacher sends out an inspirational text at the beginning of each month - the one I got yesterday was "don't let the sound of your own wheels drive you crazy". I smiled and looked up to the heavens.
    I am going through a difficult time at the moment and I think that was a message to me.....

Last Sunday my oldest son was traveling for work. He was either in the air or stuck at the airport from 4:00 AM to 8:00PM when he finally landed in Houston. He said he downloaded Hotel California when he flew from Chicago to Atlanta then bought Greatest Hits when he flew from Atlanta to NYC.
    His remark was Mom these guys were amazing why did I go see them with you? I have a firm maybe to go see Don with him if he is close enough again.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Love these stories ladies. Keep 'em coming.

I started going back to a chiropractor this week. At yesterday's visit, my new doctor asked me who my favorite band was - I guess it's one of his ways of putting new patients at ease. When I told him it was the Eagles, and how sad this year had been for me, he had that 'insert foot in mouth' look. He kind of joked with me and told me about how good he always is at making his patients feel so much better. I kidded back and told him how much I was looking forward to my next visit.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

I watched the American Masters story on David Geffen on pbs very early this morning. I expected for the Eagles to be mentioned, but given what went down between them and Geffen, I didn't expect to see them talk about him. Both Don and Glenn were interviewed for the documentary which was done in 2012. They were both shown at least a half dozen times.

ETA: Irving Azoff was also interviewed, and was shown a couple of times.
    Last edited by AlreadyGone95; 04-02-2016 at 02:34 PM.
    -Kim-

Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar

Yesterday was filled with reminders for me. Granted like everyone else here, it does not take much. First off I took my car in for an oil change at John Eagle Honda. In front of the dealership they have a big bronze sculpture of an eagle on top of the world. Next at Barnes & Noble while waiting at the checkout a HOTEL CALIFORNIA cd was calling me. They had it marked at $7.99 so even though I have one I bought it. Then I went to James Avery to order a charm for my bracelet. They have a charm that says "You are always in my heart" on one side. On the other side, they will engrave in script
    GLF
    11-6-48
    1-18-16

The sales lady who waited on me was so nice & patient. We played with the design until I found something that I liked. It should be here in a couple of weeks & hopefully it looks as pretty as it did on the tablet. BTW, thanks for the confirmation Soda!

And at my last stop, I was leaving Macy's going by the purses, I spotted a blue denim patchwork purse that I fell in love with & had to have. It will be perfect for my trip to LA in May. We all know what handsome singer it reminds me of.

How sweet, HB.

On our shopping trip this weekend we went to Pier 1 where I saw that one of their lines of candles is called Pink Champagne. Then, while we were in Hobby Lobby they had several paintings of cows skulls. Of course I pointed both out to Hubby.
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.