Page 17 of 56 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

Thread: Little things that remind you of the Eagles

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

Default Re: Little things that remind you of the Eagles

At CVS, and I heard Bob Seger's Against the Wind playing on the PA. There's such beautiful harmonies in that song. Unfortunately, CVS decided to interrupt the song twice to advertise some of their items that were on sale.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Border Desperado SoaringRockyMountainWay's Avatar

Today in government class the teacher asked us to shout the name of a famous singer. The first one that came to my mind was Don Henley so shouted his name. The teacher wrote his name on the board along with Miley Cyrus. Then the teacher asked us to vote for one. I raised both my hands for Don Henley and most of the class went along with me because they know I'm Eagles crazy. The teacher said, "This makes Don Henley the most popular singer." And I was like "Yes! Yes, he is!"
    People talking about us they got nothing else to do. When it all comes down we will still come through in the long run.

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

That's awesome Soaring!!! That reminds me in my high school government's class we had to make a playlist/mix tape of songs that either talked about political, social, or economical issues and could only do 2 for each decade (60s - early 2000s) so for one of my 80s songs I used Don's "Dirty Laundry" and my teacher loved that. Not only was he a fan, he actually went to high school with my Mom and said I inherited her musical tastes. LOL
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Border Desperado SoaringRockyMountainWay's Avatar

Buffyfan, I also used to have a teacher that was a fan of the Eagles. He was known for yelling at everybody all the time but he never yelled at me because I like the Eagles.
    People talking about us they got nothing else to do. When it all comes down we will still come through in the long run.

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

That's funny. LOL My teacher too actually had a record player and records in his classroom, so on test days after everyone got done we'd just listen to his records. LOL

I did get reminded today with "Harry Potter" of all things. LOL I started reading those books when I was 12 and it was still a couple years before the films came out. Today I was looking at an article where random celebs were sorted into the Hogwarts houses, and I'm in Ravenclaw (there's various online tests to get sorted) so I always like to see who's in my house. I got reminded that the Ravenclaw mascot isn't a raven, but an eagle. J.K Rowling wrote in the books that the Ravenclaw house was founded by Roweena Ravenclaw, but she used a bald eagle in the crest since her daughter fled to Albania and it was known as "The Land of the Eagles". So if they went by like sports teams it would be the Ravenclaw Eagles, so I am an eagle in the "Harry Potter" world. LOL
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Stuck on the Border Jonny Come Lately's Avatar
    Watching the hazy sun sinking in the sea in England

I can't say I was aware of any of my teachers being Eagles fans. In fairness, I wasn't an Eagles fan at a time so probably wouldn't have been noticed. I never really spoke about music much at school, as I only really became a music fan as such towards the end of my school years. I do remember one time when my Geography teacher played ELO's Mr Blue Sky in one lesson about weather, but apart from that the only bands I can ever remember discussing at school were Pink Floyd (Dark Side/Wish You Were Here) and Fleetwood Mac (Rumours). The honest truth is I simply hadn't heard as much of the music I love back then, and the summer holidays after my final school exams were a big chance for me to explore quite a bit of music - it was then that I discovered the Eagles, initially through Hotel California and then One Of These Nights.

Buffyfan, I'd have loved to do that social/political commentary songs exercise - I really enjoy making lists like that and I like quite a few songs of that nature. Dirty Laundry is one of my favourites, but there are plenty others I could go for (I'd probably choose the title track from Long Road Out Of Eden as one of my 2000's choices). I think I might start something a bit like that in the Listography thread, although I may give it a slight twist.

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

My 8th grade typing teacher and I talked about music alot. Bands like Fleetwood Mac, Boston, Queen, Def Leppard, Aerosmith etc. I don't remember if we discussed the Eagles or not, but it's definitely possible. He had me bring my cds to school and he ripped them to his computer to play during my class, which my classmates hated.

A few minutes ago, I passed by a group of apartments called Glen Arms Manor.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Watching the Weather Channel last night, and the meteorologists were talking about some hail damage this past weekend in Sharonville, OH. Made me think of Don's lovely wife.

And, for NMB, a segment of "Storm Chasers" that was on the night before took place in Scottsbluff, NE. I thought of you and your sweet man.
    "You thought you would be satisfied, but you never will learn to be still."

I had my laptop with me today on my course as we were working on one of our assignments that is due soon. I had my desktop open and heard my friend next to me sigh - I looked at her and found her looking at the picture on my desktop. It was the Cass County picture of Don in his brown denim jacket holding his guitar looking into the distance (at a train ?? ).
    We had a few minutes of silent reflection of the beauty that is this picture and then went back to the real world and Regulatory Affairs

(Its my avatar picture)
    "The more I know, the less I understand...."

Don't crack up, bend your brain, see both sides, throw off your mental chains"

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

I love those moments.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP