Page 18 of 56 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast

Thread: Little things that remind you of the Eagles

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

Default Re: Little things that remind you of the Eagles

As I said in the book club thread, I'm reading a book called The Official Heavy Metal Book of Lists. One of the lists is John 5's top 10 favorite concerts and tours.(he is a session guitarist who has played and toured with many metal greats). His #10 pick is the Eagles' New Year's Eve Millennium concert. The last thing I expected to find in this book was an Eagles mention!
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Quote Originally Posted by AlreadyGone95 View Post
    As I said in the book club thread, I'm reading a book called The Official Heavy Metal Book of Lists. One of the lists is John 5's top 10 favorite concerts and tours.(he is a session guitarist who has played and toured with many metal greats). His #10 pick is the Eagles' New Year's Eve Millennium concert. The last thing I expected to find in this book was an Eagles mention!
    Lol... that's awesome. Over the years, I've often suspected that lots of people who turned up their hard rock noses at Eagles music secretly dug it, you know?

It's all in your smile that brings
    All of the special things about you

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

Quote Originally Posted by LuvTim View Post
    Lol... that's awesome. Over the years, I've often suspected that lots of people who turned up their hard rock noses at Eagles music secretly dug it, you know?
    I agree. Metalheads aren't supposed like "wimpy" rock, lol.

Actually, there was 2 Eagles mentions in the book. The other mention was of Don't Felder. There was a list called "10 fun facts about the Gibson double neck guitar". One of the facts was musicians who have played it, and Don Felder was listed.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Just heard Timothy B Schmit's version of Carry On. Totally awesome and superior!! It was on SiriusXM Deep Tracks.
    Last edited by LuvTim; 04-19-2016 at 11:37 PM.

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

The new trailer for "The Magnificent Seven" remake movie was released today and not only had I'd been waiting for this but it actually fits with the Eagles for me as I started referring to the Eagles as "The Magnificent Seven" once I found out there were 7 members. LOL

In the late 90s CBS had a TV show remake of the 60s films that was on for 3 years that I loved and watched with my parents. I normally don't like Westerns but I loved that show. The main story is of a bounty hunter who rides into a town out west that is being terrorized by a group of outlaws, and is asked by the town to help save them. So he brings together a rag, tag group of a variety of different characters and they help save the day. This new film is more diverse too with Denzel Washington as the leader, and reflecting more of what it was really like in those times as the real cowboys were not just white but the other races too, unlike most of the older films.

At the same time I was watching the CBS show I was learning more about the Eagles and made the connection with the 7 members and of course the "Desperado" album. I remember my Dad loved that as not only is he an Eagles fan he's a huge fan of Westerns and "The Magnificent Seven" is one of his favorites too.

So, we for sure will be seeing this movie in September. And I noticed already that Chris Pratt's young gambler turned cowboy character reminds me of a certain someone just from the trailer and if it follows the show he's playing my favorite. LOL
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

I love Western movies and will try to catch this one too, buffy!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Border Desperado SoaringRockyMountainWay's Avatar

When I was driving home from school, I noticed that the people that live in the house across from me were getting their tree cut down but I didn't think anything of it. Then I had to drive past the house again to take my sister to the store. My sister asked me, "Did you see the guy working on the tree that looks like Glenn?" I was like "What?! No! You're just pulling my leg." She said, "No I'm telling the truth. He looks just like that picture of Glenn you have on your phone." (It's the one below.) I was thinking, "Dang, this guy must be really hot." Then my sister told me that he looked like he was about 20 years old. I started to get really excited at the thought of a guy that looks like Glenn that's near my age and right across from my house. We hurried through the store and when we got back in the car, Heartache Tonight came on the radio. I thought, "This has to be a sign! My dreams are going to come true! 'Glenn' is going to sweep me off my feet! Maybe we could go to prom together! I'd have the hottest guy in the house!" (My school prom is in a few days so I kinda have my mind on that.) When I turned onto my road, I slowly drove past the house to get a good look at 'Glenn'. It turned out that the guy my sister thought looked just like Glenn, didn't look like him AT ALL. He was not hot WHATSOEVER. So that was kind of a disappointment.

People talking about us they got nothing else to do. When it all comes down we will still come through in the long run.

Quote Originally Posted by SoaringRockyMountainWay View Post
    When I was driving home from school, I noticed that the people that live in the house across from me were getting their tree cut down but I didn't think anything of it. Then I had to drive past the house again to take my sister to the store. My sister asked me, "Did you see the guy working on the tree that looks like Glenn?" I was like "What?! No! You're just pulling my leg." She said, "No I'm telling the truth. He looks just like that picture of Glenn you have on your phone." (It's the one below.) I was thinking, "Dang, this guy must be really hot." Then my sister told me that he looked like he was about 20 years old. I started to get really excited at the thought of a guy that looks like Glenn that's near my age and right across from my house. We hurried through the store and when we got back in the car, Heartache Tonight came on the radio. I thought, "This has to be a sign! My dreams are going to come true! 'Glenn' is going to sweep me off my feet! Maybe we could go to prom together! I'd have the hottest guy in the house!" (My school prom is in a few days so I kinda have my mind on that.) When I turned onto my road, I slowly drove past the house to get a good look at 'Glenn'. It turned out that the guy my sister thought looked just like Glenn, didn't look like him AT ALL. He was not hot WHATSOEVER. So that was kind of a disappointment.

Man! Talk about getting your hopes up, just to have them dashed into a million pieces!! So sorry about that one, SRMW! 😞

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

What was your sister thinking, SRMW?! Does she need glasses?

So sorry for you!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Border Desperado SoaringRockyMountainWay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
    What was your sister thinking, SRMW?! Does she need glasses?
    I think so! Apparently, she's blind.
    People talking about us they got nothing else to do. When it all comes down we will still come through in the long run.