Page 19 of 56 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast

Thread: Little things that remind you of the Eagles

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

Default Re: Little things that remind you of the Eagles

Perhaps you need to show your sister more photos of Glenn, SRMW.

I've got a skateboarding game on my tablet. One of the punky rock songs on the soundtrack of it has a lyric, "cause some may say I'm already gone".
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Border Desperado SoaringRockyMountainWay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AlreadyGone95 View Post
    Perhaps you need to show your sister more photos of Glenn, SRMW.
    I would love to use that as an excuse to just look at Glenn.
    People talking about us they got nothing else to do. When it all comes down we will still come through in the long run.

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

Quote Originally Posted by SoaringRockyMountainWay View Post
    I would love to use that as an excuse to just look at Glenn.
    Lol!

I'm currently reading a book of mostly fictional short stories by Jimmy Buffet, called Tales From Margaritaville. I just finished the second story, which these 2 sisters who own a cafe. These sisters managed to persuade a hot man to become the coach of the local high school football team. During the team's first game, the opposing team's quarterback's first name is Glenn.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Banned

Get Over It by the Eagles has been included in the BBC's The Shakespeare 400th Anniversary Playlist.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/music/playlists/zzzzvj

If anybody, more cultured and/or better educated, could tell me why, I'd appreciate it

Quote Originally Posted by Funk 50 View Post
    Get Over It by the Eagles has been included in the BBC's The Shakespeare 400th Anniversary Playlist.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/music/playlists/zzzzvj

If anybody, more cultured and/or better educated, could tell me why, I'd appreciate it
    Curtesy of good old Wiki

"The song references William Shakespeare's Henry VI, Part II: "Old Billy was right: let's kill all the lawyers - kill 'em tonight", echoing Shakespeare's line "The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers".

Still not sure why that would have made the list but Iron Maiden and The Smiths are there as well ......
    "The more I know, the less I understand...."

Don't crack up, bend your brain, see both sides, throw off your mental chains"

Border Troubadour

Quote Originally Posted by Lacken101 View Post
    Curtesy of good old Wiki

"The song references William Shakespeare's Henry VI, Part II: "Old Billy was right: let's kill all the lawyers - kill 'em tonight", echoing Shakespeare's line "The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers".
    Only shows what a very learned man 'our' Don is - very impressive
    ...Well it sure makes you wonder the things that some people will say. They can see black and white but they don't seem to notice the grey...

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

I didn't know that was a Shakespeare reference. That is really awesome Don did that as well as the "Gatsby"/Zelda Fitzgerald references with "Witchy Woman".
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Quote Originally Posted by DivineDon View Post
    Only shows what a very learned man 'our' Don is - very impressive
    Agree, DD. He is adept at using his formal education in English to his best advantage. I've always wondered if he'll ever take the time to finish his B.A. Not that he really needs to, of course.
    "You thought you would be satisfied, but you never will learn to be still."

Border Troubadour

Quote Originally Posted by NOLA View Post
    Agree, DD. He is adept at using his formal education in English to his best advantage. I've always wondered if he'll ever take the time to finish his B.A. Not that he really needs to, of course.
    I've a feeling he'd like the certificates lol - he seemed very impressed that his backing singers 'had degrees and s**t' - (apologies if I offend anyone)
    ...Well it sure makes you wonder the things that some people will say. They can see black and white but they don't seem to notice the grey...

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Lacken101 View Post
    Curtesy of good old Wiki

Still not sure why that would have made the list but Iron Maiden and The Smiths are there as well ......
    Why not? It is a direct quote.

I guess the assumption that it was Don who thought of the reference is pretty sound.

I have ordered some merchandise from the Globe Theatre shop including a Let's Kill All The Lawyers magnet - when I receive it I will post a photo of it.

Glad to see R&J there too, of course.

And see my signature, which comes from The Tempest, but of course the song is not well known. There is a surprise. I used this signature this week because of the 400th anniversary. Of course I have no way of knowing if Glenn (or Jack Tempchin) knew the origin of the phrase.
    Last edited by Freypower; 04-23-2016 at 11:24 PM.