Page 21 of 56 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast

Thread: Little things that remind you of the Eagles

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

Default Re: Little things that remind you of the Eagles

I love when shows do that.

Last night while watching "Once Upon a Time" one of my favorite couples Emma & Captain Hook finally got confirmed as a True Love couple and I've thought for awhile that Glenn's solo song "True Love" fit the show and all the True Love couples. It's the most powerful magic of all in the show and those lyrics really fit the Captain Hook/Killian Jones character so much and how he feels about Emma. So when I was watching it the song popped in my head, and I quoted it in my review posts on Tumblr/Twitter this morning. LOL
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

I'm reading a nonfiction book about Pickett's Charge at the battle of Gettysburg. There's a mention of a Confederate brigadier general whose last name was Fry. My crazy, over-imaginatve mind tried to picture Glenn in a Confederate uniform!
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Border Desperado SoaringRockyMountainWay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AlreadyGone95 View Post
    I'm reading a nonfiction book about Pickett's Charge at the battle of Gettysburg. There's a mention of a Confederate brigadier general whose last name was Fry. My crazy, over-imaginatve mind tried to picture Glenn in a Confederate uniform!
    I do that all the time when I'm reading books! When it describes a character I'll picture one of the Eagles or even Ted Nugent. I'm glad I'm not the only one who does that.
    People talking about us they got nothing else to do. When it all comes down we will still come through in the long run.

Quote Originally Posted by SoaringRockyMountainWay View Post
    I do that all the time when I'm reading books! When it describes a character I'll picture one of the Eagles or even Ted Nugent. I'm glad I'm not the only one who does that.
    I've been doing it since I learned to read.

I guess that this is best thread to post this in, since it did remind of the Eagles in some ways.

Everyday, I look at my "On This Day" section of Facebook. It turns out that a year ago today, May 4th, would be start of my road to hardcore Eagles fandom. I posted about getting Don's song, The Boys of Summer, stuck in my head. It would stay stuck for several days and cause me to do some research and buy some Eagles albums, which led to me discovering Glenn and subsequently, The Border. It's amazing what one song can do!
    -Kim-

That's normal for me when I'm reading too, especially if the character's names are the same. But I'll do it too if the character's physical and/or personality description matches a celeb or person I know in real life. I posted a couple weeks back in Glenn's board and the book thread about a book one of my friends' Marie Cauley wrote "Never Forgotten You" and the character was so much like Glenn physically, being a 70s/80s musician making a comeback in the 90s, and personality wise that all I could picture was Glenn. LOL She thought it was funny but revealed to me she did base her character off multiple teen idols from the 70s and Glenn fit that too. LOL There also was a Pastor Timothy character so that was funny. LOL It happened to me again too with the sci-fi book series/TV show "The Expanse" as one of the characters I kept picturing as Glenn in his 40s because again personality wise it was similar, and there was an Admiral Souther too that he worked with. LOL
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Stuck on the Border

I just purchased an awesome print of the London Underground map with all the stations replaced by Shakespeare related references. I thought you would like to see this part:

Get Over It is on the overground line (orange) next to Sir Toby Belch on the Victoria Line. GOI's real station name is Caledonian Road & Barnsbury.
    Last edited by Freypower; 05-06-2016 at 10:29 PM.

AMC is premiering a new docudrama series on June 11th called "The American West" and it's going to be telling stories of the outlaws and gunslingers in the Old West. It's similar to the one they started last year "The Making of the Mob" where it mixed scripted scenes with actors, interviews with experts, and actual footage. I really like the mob series and I'll be checking this out. This time Robert Redford is involved with producing. They're slowly updating their IMDB page with the actors and I've been checking to see if they'll cover the Doolin-Dalton story as it is covering the other more well known ones. I do know some of the people being interviewed are actors from well known Westerns too and makes me wonder if the "Desperado" album will get mentioned. The mob series went into how the pop culture got inspired by it, so I would imagine this will cover it too with Westerns.
    ~*Amanda*~

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Quote Originally Posted by buffyfan145 View Post
    AMC is premiering a new docudrama series on June 11th called "The American West" and it's going to be telling stories of the outlaws and gunslingers in the Old West. It's similar to the one they started last year "The Making of the Mob" where it mixed scripted scenes with actors, interviews with experts, and actual footage. I really like the mob series and I'll be checking this out. This time Robert Redford is involved with producing. They're slowly updating their IMDB page with the actors and I've been checking to see if they'll cover the Doolin-Dalton story as it is covering the other more well known ones. I do know some of the people being interviewed are actors from well known Westerns too and makes me wonder if the "Desperado" album will get mentioned. The mob series went into how the pop culture got inspired by it, so I would imagine this will cover it too with Westerns.
    Let us know, buffy! Sounds interesting!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

That show sounds cool.

I am watching Ken Burns's documentary, Baseball. The title of one of the chapters on 1 of the dvds is "My Man". (The man is Yogi Berra.)
    -Kim-

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Thought of Randy when I saw this article that chest hair (for men) is back in vogue: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/men/style...back-in-style/