Page 36 of 56 FirstFirst ... 2632333435363738394046 ... LastLast

Thread: Little things that remind you of the Eagles

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

Default Re: Little things that remind you of the Eagles

I spent over 25 minutes talking to my History professor after class this morning. We talked about history and music. Five of those minutes were spent discussing the Eagles, particularly Don Henley, as he's my professor's favorite Eagle. (Yeah, this professor is my favorite lol.)
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

Two things last night with first the story of the bald eagle that got stuck in a Florida sewer drain and the other bald eagle that alerted the humans and stayed with the one stuck till they were able to rescue them.

Then on "DC's Legends of Tomorrow" they time traveled to 1987 and part of the episode was set in Miami and they did a great homage to "Miami Vice" and the season's main villains got caught at first smuggling what they thought were drugs and weapons but turned out to be a mystical/sci-fi weapon. The whole thing made me think of Glenn's episode of "Miami Vice" and "Smuggler's Blues". Plus not to mention all the 80s music, fashion, and references in the episode and next week they're going back to the Old West again to stop the gang that been terrorizing Jonah Hex's town.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by buffyfan145 View Post
    ... the story of the bald eagle that got stuck in a Florida sewer drain and the other bald eagle that alerted the humans and stayed with the one stuck till they were able to rescue them.
    Wow, gotta check that out. Never heard of a wild eagle seeking out interaction with humans. I've heard of dolphins with fishing line caught in their flippers who will approach boats in the hope that someone will help them.

LINK: apparently the two birds were fighting. Bad eagles! Bad! http://people.com/pets/bald-eagle-re...in-in-florida/
    Last edited by NightMistBlue; 11-11-2016 at 05:03 PM.

Well that changes it that they were fighting. LOL My local news made it sound like the one who wasn't stuck was trying to help the other, but either way glad they were rescued.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

My local news just had the story and said it was a male and female eagle. The male was protecting his mate. Their video showed him clearly using his wings to shelter the other bird. They weren't fighting.

Aww, that's good to know. The pictures I saw looked like that and glad to see that was the case.

Last night rewatched "Rebel Without a Cause" as I hadn't see it in years and made me think of "James Dean" and little Glenn watching it and getting inspired by him.
    ~*Amanda*~

Stuck on the Border Jonny Come Lately's Avatar
    Watching the hazy sun sinking in the sea in England

I was looking through some of my lecture notes today and was reminded of one map of a small area which showed the different types of minerals in that area. One of the rock types was labelled as 'Volcanic country rock'. Reading that made me think about which Eagles songs would best fit that description!

That's an interesting question, JCL. There are 3 possibilities, I think-- "Witchy Woman" "Take the Devil" and "Good Day in Hell." The latter probably makes the best fit, as it evokes the more fire-and-brimstone imagery of a volcano. It's a stretch to call it "country rock" though; its more like a straight up rock song, at least to me.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

I wonder if Joe likes Star Wars? This reminded me of Joe's RRHoF suit! I can just see him wearing it!

https://www.shinesty.com/products/pr...FcRgfgodJYgOxw
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
    I wonder if Joe likes Star Wars? This reminded me of Joe's RRHoF suit! I can just see him wearing it!

https://www.shinesty.com/products/pr...FcRgfgodJYgOxw
    Have you seen the shortlisted entries for the 2016 Turner prize? I've found a link where you don't have to scroll past giant buttocks, though I understand that it is all part of the same installation.

https://www.theguardian.com/artandde...ne-pryde#img-4