Page 4 of 56 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

Thread: Little things that remind you of the Eagles

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

Default Re: Little things that remind you of the Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    It's been years since I've read it, and I'd forgotten all that. You make me want to go pick it up again!
    There's definitely some nice Eagles tidbits. I'll probably buy my own copy of the book. (I read a library copy.)
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

I'm now reading Eric Clapton's autobiography. He mentions that the album Slowhand was produced by Glyn Johns(which I didn't know). Eric says that Glyn Johns was known in England for his work with the Stones, but that he'd also worked with the Eagles.
    -Kim-

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

That book made my jaw drop many a time. He's very honest, unusually so - even when it makes him look bad. I imagine more than a few people were disillusioned by what he said about his relationships with Pattie Boyd and George Harrison. Neither was the epic love match of legend, to hear him tell it.

P.S. Clapton stayed at the same house (461 Ocean Blvd in Golden Beach) that the Eagles rented when working at Criteria Studios.

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    That book made my jaw drop many a time. He's very honest, unusually so - even when it makes him look bad. I imagine more than a few people were disillusioned by what he said about his relationships with Pattie Boyd and George Harrison. Neither was the epic love match of legend, to hear him tell it.

P.S. Clapton stayed at the same house (461 Ocean Blvd in Golden Beach) that the Eagles rented when working at Criteria Studios.

My jaw has dropped a few times while reading the book, and I'm only half way through! I'm glad for the truthfulness, though. I'm also glad and amazed that he's still with us!

I didn't know about them renting the same house. Nice tidbit!
    -Kim-

Stuck on the Border

One of my favourite moments at the Brisbane HOTE show was before The Long Run when Don was talking about recording in Florida. He said 'your own Bee Gees' & Eric Clapton recorded there. '461 Ocean... was it Avenue or Bouelvard'?

'Boulevard'. I said. I was sitting directly below him. 'Thank you' he said!

Ooh neat, Freypower! Gosh.

Very cool, FP! Miami is on my list of places to visit someday.
    -Kim-

It's not everyone's cup of tea but I find it beautiful, fascinating and at times exasperating. I love being close to the Everglades and the beach.

Sadly, the only other Eagles-related landmark in Steam City that I know of, Bill Szymczyk's Bayshore Recording Studios in Coconut Grove, where the band recorded The Long Run, was torn down many years ago. Bummer, man!

Wink Re: Little things that remind you of the Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    It's not everyone's cup of tea but I find it beautiful, fascinating and at times exasperating. I love being close to the Everglades and the beach.

Sadly, the only other Eagles-related landmark in Steam City that I know of, Bill Szymczyk's Bayshore Recording Studios in Coconut Grove, where the band recorded The Long Run, was torn down many years ago. Bummer, man!
    I'd like to live a bit north of Miami in St. Augustine. I love the oldness of it. I frequently visit Florida (I live an hour from the state line), but I've never been that far south.

My nearest Eagles thing is Gainesville, Florida.(Don Felder's home town), which is about 4 hours away. I've been there several times.
    -Kim-

Quote Originally Posted by AlreadyGone95 View Post
    I'd like to live a bit north of Miami in St. Augustine. I love the oldness of it.
    St. Augustine is waaay north of Miami. I want to visit there too - Marty Balin, formerly of the Jefferson Airplane and Starship, makes his home there. He has an art gallery and also still plays solo concerts.

Back to the Iggles, as they say in certain parts of Pennsylvania... I'm currently reading a biography of the late ex-Byrd Gene Clark, "Mr. Tambourine Man" by John Einarson. There's a fair amount of Bernie content in it; Mr. Leadon was a member of Dillard & Clark. Bernie provides some pithy insights - he seems like a very interesting man. I wish he'd do more interviews.