Page 43 of 56 FirstFirst ... 3339404142434445464753 ... LastLast

Thread: Little things that remind you of the Eagles

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Little things that remind you of the Eagles

A few weeks ago, I was watching "The Good Doctor" and a recurring concern throughout the episode was which way round a toilet roll should be hung. None of the rolls had blue flowers.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by UndertheWire View Post
    A few weeks ago, I was watching "The Good Doctor" and a recurring concern throughout the episode was which way round a toilet roll should be hung. None of the rolls had blue flowers.

OMG - Too funny ! I was just discussing this with a group of friends at lunch a few days ago. One woman in our group had to use the ladies room, she saw the toilet paper was "backwards" and fixed it before she exited the bathroom. That brought up a whole conversation on how toilet paper should be put on the roll. Most(including me) put it "over" - lol.

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Today all the children's choirs sung in church. They are big - one is the really little kids up to kindergarten and that had like 30 kids, and the one with all the elementary school kids had about 60!

So all these kids' parents have come to hear their babies sing and as soon as the little ones begin "Hark the Herald Angels Sing", about 20 phones shoot up in the air to record them. With the larger choir, it's twice that number.

And all I could think was "Good thing this isn't an Eagles concert or security would be all over these people!" I imagined Don sitting in a pew behind one of them, scowling disapprovingly but unable to force them to put the phone away, and I had to bite my lip to keep from laughing.

Lol! Not being able to say anything, I would picture him having to step outside to let off some steam! You do have to wonder if the man has no video of his kids at such an event.

From some things I have read, he was quite the...er..videographer back in the day! How things changed!

Anyway, I am glad you got to go to the program. There's nothing sweeter (or sometimes funnier) than a children's Christmas performance!
    "Be part of something good--
    Leave something good behind."

Every time I see a Duluth Trading Company commercial, I think of "Don a Henley and Take It Easy." Bet DTC wished they'd never poked that bear!

Quote Originally Posted by CAinOH View Post
    Every time I see a Duluth Trading Company commercial, I think of "Don a Henley and Take It Easy." Bet DTC wished they'd never poked that bear!
    lol! Yep!

Anyone who is unfamiliar with what CAinOH is referring to - Don sued DTC for this ad:

And he won.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Quote Originally Posted by New Kid In Town View Post
    OMG - Too funny ! I was just discussing this with a group of friends at lunch a few days ago. One woman in our group had to use the ladies room, she saw the toilet paper was "backwards" and fixed it before she exited the bathroom. That brought up a whole conversation on how toilet paper should be put on the roll. Most(including me) put it "over" - lol.
    Ah - the old toliet paper debate again ... too funny. This is never too far from my mind because I'm one of those who prefer "under". Thank goodness I don't ever have to worry about Don using the bathroom at my house.

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    lol! Yep!

Anyone who is unfamiliar with what CAinOH is referring to - Don sued DTC for this ad:

And he won.
    And also - thank goodness I don't wear Henley's because if I ever did decide to "Don a Henley", I would not be able to resist the temptation to have "Take it easy" embroidered on the front pocket in nice bright colors.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Lol Dreamer!

Listening to Spotify today they played For Sentimental Reasons by Linda Ronstadt. Of course it reminded me of Glenn.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

I know what you mean, Brooke. It's funny how we always associate any song that an Eagle covers with them no matter how many other artists have recorded it. For example, my first thought is of Glenn and Tim whenever I hear Caroline, No by The Beach Boys, I think of Don first whenever I hear Everybody Wants to Rule the World instead of Tears for Fears, and now I associate Everyday People with Joe instead of Sly & the Family Stone. Go figure!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Has anyone seen the newest Chevy truck ad? At about 30 seconds in a soldier says "I get a peaceful easy feeling" as he's crawling in mud! Reminded me!

Watch it here:

http://gmauthority.com/blog/2019/01/...roll-ad-break/

ETA: I wonder if Don knows about this!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border

LOL Brooke ! I don't think Don does not have any say in how the song is used as he did not write it. Does the Army need Jack's permission ?