Page 44 of 56 FirstFirst ... 3440414243444546474854 ... LastLast

Thread: Little things that remind you of the Eagles

Default Re: Little things that remind you of the Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
    Has anyone seen the newest Chevy truck ad? At about 30 seconds in a soldier says "I get a peaceful easy feeling" as he's crawling in mud! Reminded me!

Watch it here:

http://gmauthority.com/blog/2019/01/...roll-ad-break/

ETA: I wonder if Don knows about this!

I have seen this as well, Brooke. You beat me to the posting... I asked my husband to listen to it to verify that is what I heard. Brings a big smile to my face each time I see it.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Thanks Brooke for that video. I wonder if the Eagles have any publishing rights on songs they recorded but did not write?

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    Thanks Brooke for that video. I wonder if the Eagles have any publishing rights on songs they recorded but did not write?
    That's what I wondered but it was just a phrase, not the whole song. Surely not for that!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Recently the hubs and I were visiting the Alamo in San Antonio, there are signs posted all around stating pictures are not allowed inside the mission, but are ok outside of the building. Well, while looking around inside there were at least 4 different people with their cameras out trying to take pictures and each time an attendant would come up and remind them that no pictures are allowed. My husband then commented "geez, and we thought Henley was bad". We both chuckled pretty good and when I looked at the attendant she was smiling along with us, who knows maybe she is an Eagles or Don Henley fan.

Quote Originally Posted by East Texas Girl View Post
    Recently the hubs and I were visiting the Alamo in San Antonio, there are signs posted all around stating pictures are not allowed inside the mission, but are ok outside of the building. Well, while looking around inside there were at least 4 different people with their cameras out trying to take pictures and each time an attendant would come up and remind them that no pictures are allowed. My husband then commented "geez, and we thought Henley was bad". We both chuckled pretty good and when I looked at the attendant she was smiling along with us, who knows maybe she is an Eagles or Don Henley fan.
    LOL. It's sad when that reminds you of the Eagles, but unfortunately, I'm with you two - when I think "photo Nazi," the Eagles are the first group that comes to mind! lol!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Well - I had an interesting day. I work in downtown Richmond, and a new building is being built next to the one I work in. The construction workers apparently really messed up today and caused a water main to burst. We got an alert from our building management company that the parking decks in our building were starting to flood and suggesting we may want to move our cars. So - the first question on everyone's mind was move our car to where? Like most cities, in downtown Richmond, you just can't move your car to another parking deck or park on the street. Long story short - our management reached out to try to get more information and there was none. When our director came out to tell us this - she said she didn't have a 'peaceful, easy feeling' about the lack of information. I don't know if she had a clue about the song or not. But, of course, it brought a little smile to my face, in spite of the tense situation. She told us if we had work that we could do at home that we should leave. So, I worked from home this afternoon. When I left, there was about 8 inches of water in one part of the deck, but, thankfully, I was parked in an area that it hadn't reached yet. I still have not heard any update about the extent of the flooding or if they were able to shut off the water main. But, to say the least, it wasn't a 'business as usual' kind of Monday.

I was watching this show called the Passage(the show came from a book trilogy of the same name) for the last 2 months(season finale was about two weeks ago). So I decided to go back and watch a few episodes. especially when I really wasn't feeling the first episode at first. I missed a lot of stuff in the first episode.

As I was watching a scene where the two main characters Brad and Amy were at the carnival and I heard "so put me on a highway" and I was like wait I know that song. They were playing Take It To The Limit (with a woman singing it) in the background. I don't know how I missed that the first time I watched that episode. They also played the Chain.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Well, they have pretty good taste in music, shun.

I went to my 4-year old nephew's first tee-ball game yesterday and it was a hoot. During the game, we were chatting with some other families and one of the older sisters of one of the players told us a joke. She said 'I only know 25 letters of the alphabet, but I can't tell you why'. We all laughed and thought it was very cute. However, more importantly for me, was the little thing that reminded me of the Eagles. The little girl must have been around seven, so I'm sure she was totally unaware of the significance, but my older niece immediately looked at me and grinned.

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    I went to my 4-year old nephew's first tee-ball game yesterday and it was a hoot. During the game, we were chatting with some other families and one of the older sisters of one of the players told us a joke. She said 'I only know 25 letters of the alphabet, but I can't tell you why'. We all laughed and thought it was very cute. However, more importantly for me, was the little thing that reminded me of the Eagles. The little girl must have been around seven, so I'm sure she was totally unaware of the significance, but my older niece immediately looked at me and grinned.
    So cute, Dreamer!

Shun - sounds like I need to watch that show!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    So cute, Dreamer!

Shun - sounds like I need to watch that show!
    It's a good show. I'm going to buy the books and read all three of them. I'm hoping its renewed. I enjoyed watching it.

I was watching another episode yesterday and they played Doctor My Eyes.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley