Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eagles or solo songs that are good for associating then with a moment in your life.

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

Default Eagles or solo songs that are good for associating then with a moment in your life.

Over the next week, I have to come up with " A Soundtrack of My Life". I have to choose 8 songs to describe very brief, but important moments in my life. I want to include at least one Eagle or solo song. I've thought of Wasted Time and Busy Being Fabulous, but I don't think that those are the best to use I can use WT if need be. I'm wondering if anyone else can think other Eagles' songs I can possibly use.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Eagles or solo songs that are good for associating then with a moment in your lif

It's your life (to coin a phrase). Surely only you would know which songs are most appropriate?

Default Re: Eagles or solo songs that are good for associating then with a moment in your lif

The Long Run, for an upbeat turn to the theme?
    Desperado, for a description of character?

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Do you really relate to Wasted Time? You're too young for the crushing weight of regret. Save it for the midlife crisis

Take It Easy is a great, positive song. I have a tendency to overthink things so the title is a good mantra for me, as is the reminder to lighten up while I still can.

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    It's your life (to coin a phrase). Surely only you would know which songs are most appropriate?
    I'm tryng to get ideas for songs to possibly use in general. You're right that only I choose what songs are the best to use, but the 2 that I have thought of so far just aren't what I need.( I would have a hard time making the paragraph(s) I need long enough.) I'm hoping that someone may suggest one that I can work with.
    -Kim-

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    Do you really relate to Wasted Time? You're too young for the crushing weight of regret. Save it for the midlife crisis

Take It Easy is a great, positive song. I have a tendency to overthink things so the title is a good mantra for me, as is the reminder to lighten up while I still can.
    Yes, I can, though not in love sense the song portrays. When I dropped out of high school, for about a year, I thought that I had wasted time in a sense to work as hard as I did (honor roll student), but fail in the end.

I could make TIE work better for a recent event, and it's a more positive choice. I have 3 songs chosen so far( I need 4 for a rough draft due Tuesday morning). 2 involve sad or negative moments. And the other is positive.
    -Kim-

Border Desperado

Maybe "Livin' Right" could be appropriate, for example if you made some positive changes after dropping out of high school.

Banned

Inspired by Richard Bienstock's wonderful Joe Walsh - My Life In 15 Songs article in Rolling Stone magazine, http://www.rollingstone.com/music/li...songs-20160519 I started compiling the 15 Walsh tracks that meant most to me.

I had to abort and rethink as it was turning into a book.
    I could never pick the tracks retrospectively. I went through Joe's catalog and made a note of what thoughts and memories each track stirred.

For example, Hole In The World always makes me think of the funeral of a much loved relative, Summer 2003, even though I always knew it was about 9/11.

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

OT: oh my goodness, I didn't know Joe was in the Blues Brothers. I'll have to watch it again and look out for him.

Stuck on the Border Annoying Twit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AlreadyGone95 View Post
    Yes, I can, though not in love sense the song portrays. When I dropped out of high school, for about a year, I thought that I had wasted time in a sense to work as hard as I did (honor roll student), but fail in the end.
    I work in education. Taking a year out can often be a very good thing, as you'll mostly likely have come back with a more mature attitude. And, it also may make a difference that you're where you are by choice, rather than just having drifted along on autopilot.