Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Eagles or solo songs that are good for associating then with a moment in your life.

Default Re: Eagles or solo songs that are good for associating then with a moment in your lif

Quote Originally Posted by Annoying Twit View Post
    I work in education. Taking a year out can often be a very good thing, as you'll mostly likely have come back with a more mature attitude. And, it also may make a difference that you're where you are by choice, rather than just having drifted along on autopilot.
    Agreed, AT. Absolutely. These students often have a sense of determination and purpose that traditional students may not have yet developed.

It's all in your smile that brings
    All of the special things about you

Default Re: Eagles or solo songs that are good for associating then with a moment in your lif

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    OT: oh my goodness, I didn't know Joe was in the Blues Brothers. I'll have to watch it again and look out for him.
    Yes. He's at the end. You have to watch for him because if you blink, you will miss him. Look for the guy who starts to dance all of a sudden. I think he pops up on camera a few times.

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

Quote Originally Posted by Annoying Twit View Post
    I work in education. Taking a year out can often be a very good thing, as you'll mostly likely have come back with a more mature attitude. And, it also may make a difference that you're where you are by choice, rather than just having drifted along on autopilot.
    I didn't take a year off, though. I completely dropped out with little or no intention of ever completing my education. At the time, I didn't care. I couldn't handle the imprisoned feeling I felt while being in school. (Luckily, college doesn't have that feeling.) 2 years later, I realized that I could get a GED(General Education Development) in leiu of a high school diploma. (I matured enough to care). It took 2 more years for me to agree to go to college, and I'm still a bit iffy about that. (There's something that is mental that I have a hard time overcoming.)
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

I personally relate to All Ready Gone....It describes a lot of my youth relationships. My attitude was well if you don't like me.......I'm All Ready Gone.

So Put Me On A Highway And Show Me A Sign
    And Take It To The Limit One More Time..............

Not really the best thread but here goes..

I've recently developed a liking for "Nightingale".

I feel the comments about not wanting to read the paper and the murder movie they call the news. I feel EXACTLY like this about modern media. Every time you turn on the tube, or open the paper - it's so freaking depressing. And I feel the media popularizes this stuff and it gives other people ideas on how to get attention and to be a copycat. I think they should cover the happenings but let them go and not dramatize them for fear of inspiring someone else to do something and also because it's really all about the views. I agree with DH and his comments about the news people in Dirty Laundry. I have a big problem with today's news and media outlets. And this song reminds me of that.

Out on the Border Jeremy Lawrence's Avatar

I seem to always return to "Already Gone" to get me out of low points (self pity, dealing with failure or rejection).
    -jl
    Jeremy Lawrence - Author
    "Already Gone: a Novel"
    http://smarturl.it/ey9snd
    https://www.facebook.com/alreadygonenovel/

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Lawrence View Post
    I seem to always return to "Already Gone" to get me out of low points (self pity, dealing with failure or rejection).
    -jl
    "So oftentimes it happens that we live our lives in chains and never really know we have the key."

About 12 years ago, I wanted to go to New York to see a show at the theatre. This would involved a weekend away from home and family, something I hadn't done since the birth of my first child nearly ten years earlier. I expected resistance from my husband who'd never been left in charge of the children overnight. I could think of all sorts of reasons why it wouldn't work and the whole idea seemed ridiculous. When I finally brought it up, there was very little opposition and I was able to arrange the trip quickly. The worst thing to happen was that the kids missed a day of school. I learned that I was still capable of independent travel and my husband learned that he was capable of taking care of the children. The chains had been my own and I had the key. Alternatively, I was "a prisoner of my own devise".

Another Tempchin line that has an important message of self-sufficiency:
    "I know that she won't let me down, 'cos I'm already standing on the ground". I wish I'd taken notice of that when I was young and dating.