Page 86 of 201 FirstFirst ... 367682838485868788899096136186 ... LastLast

Thread: Frey Fever : The Glenn Frey Photo Thread (2016-2020)

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Default Re: Frey Fever : The Glenn Frey Photo Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Pippinwhite View Post
    O.K. This pic comes from Ancestry.com. It is a publicly shared picture, not private. Anyone can view it online on the site, so not sharing any private material. It comes from one of the Markham relatives with a public family tree.

Made about 1950, this is Nellie Frey with her brothers and sisters (she's the brunette in the dark blouse on the left). And guess who that filthy little imp is with his great-uncle?
    This is so precious - thanks so much Pippin!

Quote Originally Posted by New Kid In Town View Post
    We forget how short short were back then-lol ! However, I am not a fan of those big baggy to the knees shorts. Somewhere in between would be nice.
    NKIT - Looks like Glenn still couldn't get the length of his shorts right though.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

You're all so welcome! That dirty face and his expression just put me on the floor. It looks like he was finishing an ice cream cone and had to pause long enough for the picture to be made. Not happy. He had ice cream or something all over him. I suspect that picture sparked a lot of family stories over the years.

Who is that handsome fellow kneeling by Glenn?

"Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016

Stuck on the Border

Dawn - I would guess maybe an uncle, he looks like Glenn's Mom. I know she came from a big family with like 7 kids. Some of those in the picture look too old to be her siblings. How old do you think Glenn is there ? Looks around 1 1/2 years old to me. Are the elderly couple Glenn's grandparents ?

@Dawn and NKIT -- According to the caption on the pic on Ancestry, the young man is Nellie's brother. The older gentleman is her uncle, and the lady behind him is listed as a friend. The pic was made about 1950, and it was obviously warm weather, judging by their clothes, so I'd hazard a guess Glenn was about 18 months old or so.

He must have looked more like his mother's people. That nose is present on all three of the men, and when he was older, he looked a little like his great-uncle.

O.K. This pic comes from Ancestry.com. It is a publicly shared picture, not private. Anyone can view it online on the site, so not sharing any private material. It comes from one of the Markham relatives with a public family tree.

Made about 1950, this is Nellie Frey with her brothers and sisters (she's the brunette in the dark blouse on the left). And guess who that filthy little imp is with his great-uncle?
    Wow - what a find!

Pippin, you might want to post this in the heritage thread, too.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

@Soda -- I'll do that this evening. Look at his left hand. Something all over it, too. With the white streaks down his front and the chocolate all over his mouth and hand, I'm betting someone let him have an Eskimo Pie. He was probably sticky from the top of his head right down to his little white shoes and socks. LOLOL. And just as tow-headed as he could be.

Stuck on the Border

@Soda -- I'll do that this evening. Look at his left hand. Something all over it, too. With the white streaks down his front and the chocolate all over his mouth and hand, I'm betting someone let him have an Eskimo Pie. He was probably sticky from the top of his head right down to his little white shoes and socks. LOLOL. And just as tow-headed as he could be.
    Pippin - Are the elderly couple (the 2 he is standing in front of)Glenn's grandparents ? From photos Soda has in GF Online, Glenn had blonde hair until he was about 11-12 from picture she has posted. His hair got dark pretty quickly after that. From photos I have seen on PI, Deacon and Otis also had blonde hair when they were young.

@NKIT -- According to the original photo, the gentleman is Glenn's great-uncle, and the lady is his friend.

Yeah, my dad ended up with nearly black hair, but his turned dark much quicker. It was dark by the time he was seven or so.

But Glenn's scowl and his dirty face just crack me up. The Potentate was NOT amused! LOLOLOLOLOL.

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

I think he has a soother in his mouth
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP